Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD 3.4 Has New Packaging System, USB, Compiler

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD 3.4 Has New Packaging System, USB, Compiler

We knew it was coming and now DragonFlyBSD 3.4 has been officially released. DragonFlyBSD 3.4 brings with it a new packaging system, a new USB stack, a new default compiler, performance improvements, and more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by CthuIhux
    DragonflyBSD's new packaging system:

D(umb)Ports, it lets you appreciate the long time of compiling a program you want to use immediately!!!

Forget about the confusion with so many packages to choose from a linux repo cause now there are only 5 packages avalible to install. Now you're free from the burden of choice!!!

Relive the days when of KDE3 and GNOME2. No modern versions avalible to spoil that feeling!!!

DragonflyBSD's new USB stack

Awesome new USB stack, introducted in this shit. Now you can reboot your computer by simply pulling out your USB without un-mounting just like in FreeBSD!!!!!

The all new super-crashy USB stack will save you effort on reseting your computer. Forget the reset button or typing reboot into that old terminal. Just stick in your USB, mount it and rip it out. Boom!!! Your computer has restarted. Super-crasy USB stack makes it so easy!!!!!

DragonflyBSD's new compiler

Are the binaries you compiled no bloated and slow enough?? Forget GCC!!! Introducting the new Clang compiler from apple!!!! It makes your binaries slow, big and useless just like you always wanted!!!
    You know your job: Keep this thread alive so more people can see the development of BSD. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by CthuIhux
      DragonflyBSD's new compiler

Are the binaries you compiled no bloated and slow enough?? Forget GCC!!! Introducting the new Clang compiler from apple!!!! It makes your binaries slow, big and useless just like you always wanted!!!

Did you read the article ? Where does it mention clang ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zplay View Post
        Did you read the article ? Where does it mention clang ?
        Are you really expecting any reason from a guy who openly accused the OpenBSD people to be murderers and terrorists just because he can't stand that there is anything else than Linux?
        At least I hope you don't.

Comment

Michael, can i ask you why these forum aren't moderated at all? It is literally impossible to have a decent thread on BSD only because a SINGLE IDIOT PERSON with multiple usernames and lots of time to waste...

Comment

CthuIhux is a linux user simply because he is too poor to buy a modern pc with windows on it.
            The angst he feels because of this causes him to spend his time making up 'facts' about windows and the BSDs.

Comment

Personally, I tend to prefer unmoderated forums. I prefer to have the option of reading everything that's posted and deciding for myself whether or not it's a troll post. I don't enjoy troll posts, and find reading them to be a waste of my time, but the alternative is to have some random moderator determine what is and is not worthy of the forums he or she is moderating, which in my opinion is even worse. Volunteer online community moderators tend to get in to it for the wrong reasons, and as a result tend to be of a very poor quality. I really don't like seeing them with censorship powers.

That's not meant as an insult to deanjo or any other specific individual moderator in any online community, but as just a general rule of thumb based not just on personal observation, but on personal experience as an administrator of a moderator team in an online community some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by freedam View Post
                Michael, can i ask you why these forum aren't moderated at all? It is literally impossible to have a decent thread on BSD only because a SINGLE IDIOT PERSON with multiple usernames and lots of time to waste...
                Originally posted by soupbowl View Post
                CthuIhux is a linux user simply because he is too poor to buy a modern pc with windows on it.
                The angst he feels because of this causes him to spend his time making up 'facts' about windows and the BSDs.
                Its alright, he's already been reported at least once (by me) for that very post. Mods will take notice, ive been noticing a drop in the number of trolls lately so they seem to be doing their job.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
                  Personally, I tend to prefer unmoderated forums. I prefer to have the option of reading everything that's posted and deciding for myself whether or not it's a troll post. I don't enjoy troll posts, and find reading them to be a waste of my time, but the alternative is to have some random moderator determine what is and is not worthy of the forums he or she is moderating, which in my opinion is even worse. Volunteer online community moderators tend to get in to it for the wrong reasons, and as a result tend to be of a very poor quality. I really don't like seeing them with censorship powers.

That's not meant as an insult to deanjo or any other specific individual moderator in any online community, but as just a general rule of thumb based not just on personal observation, but on personal experience as an administrator of a moderator team in an online community some years ago.
                  In general, yes... However, we are all famliar with the special case of "BSDSucksDicks", "LinuxAnalsSolaris", etc. So moderation here is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                    In general, yes... However, we are all famliar with the special case of "BSDSucksDicks", "LinuxAnalsSolaris", etc. So moderation here is welcome.
                    The really extreme ones don't bother me as much as the mild ones because I find it easier to tune them out. Still, they create needless noise, so as much as I hate the idea of censorship I guess in the end I've gotta agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X