Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Display Server Gets A Demo Shell, New Demos

Phoronix: Mir Display Server Gets A Demo Shell, New Demos

Canonical's Mir Display Server now has a simple demo shell as well as a multi-window compositing demo...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland

Wayland already does this for a long time.

They should just have implemented this on top of Wayland instead of writing Mir.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Wayland already does this for a long time.

They should just have implemented this on top of Wayland instead of writing Mir.
      Where have you been in the last few months?

Read Phoronix articles. There you have nicly explained rationale behind going Mir way.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
        Where have you been in the last few months?

Read Phoronix articles. There you have nicly explained rationale behind going Mir way.
        There are no rationale behind Mir.

NIH

Comment

Well at least it woke up the wayland developers.

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
            Argh, this is one of the worst memes to come out of this mess.

Comment

No, it didn't it woke you up, so that you are more aware of the things going on with Wayland.

Comment

Phoronix should create an article "Myths and the clusterfuck created by Mir/Canonical/"ubuntu press"/ubuntu Fanboys". Some of the myths, misconception and lies:
                -Mir can do cheat Wayland can't
                -Mir is being developed faster and is more feature complete than Wayland
                -Android drivers comparability layer was created by Mir developers
                -Wayland development is slow and under-resourced
                -Wayland development speed up after Mir
                -Wayland has a multitude of issues, including security issues Xorg has
                -Gnome/KDE/etc only started working on Wayland because of Mir
                -Every major DE will support Mir
                -Wayland can't run on a multitude of devices and form factors
                -Ubuntu will manage to put out Mir on a LTS release 14.04

Comment

Is impossible that canonical put mir on ubuntu 14.04 , this is an lts version, and I think that mir, will need more time for be stable and secure. I think that wayland is the near future on linux, kde ang gnome shell, are working to ported theirs de's

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                    Is impossible that canonical put mir on ubuntu 14.04 , this is an lts version, and I think that mir, will need more time for be stable and secure. I think that wayland is the near future on linux, kde ang gnome shell, are working to ported theirs de's
                    I don't think they will do it either, but they want to. LTS releases are the releases that get used by their perspective OEM's for devices and Canonical wants to ship Mir on devices as soon as possible.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X