Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to work in dualscreen, game in single

Hi All

I use linux at work and have a company laptop that I have setup with an external monitor using ATI's Big Desktop and the fglrx driver. It works great except for one thing ... gaming at lunch time

We play Enemy Territory on the LAN during lunchtime and unfortunately starting ET with my Big Desktop setup shows the same image on both screens - but it is offset to the left 50% and I don't know any way to 'center' the ET screen. This means it is unplayable.

1. Does anyone know how to run ET in a window that I could maybe maximise on only my main monitor?

2. If not, would it be feasible to start a second X session using my xorg.conf that is configured for a single screen setup (which works fine with ET) and then play ET on that X?

I am getting tired of having to kill my X session and lose all of my morning work just so that I can start a single screen X that allows me to play ET.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pAntZ
    Last edited by splinkyhead; 15 January 2007, 11:12 AM.

Originally posted by splinkyhead View Post
    Hi All

I use linux at work and have a company laptop that I have setup with an external monitor using ATI's Big Desktop and the fglrx driver. It works great except for one thing ... gaming at lunch time

We play Enemy Territory on the LAN during lunchtime and unfortunately starting ET with my Big Desktop setup shows the same image on both screens - but it is offset to the left 50% and I don't know any way to 'center' the ET screen. This means it is unplayable.

1. Does anyone know how to run ET in a window that I could maybe maximise on only my main monitor?

2. If not, would it be feasible to start a second X session using my xorg.conf that is configured for a single screen setup (which works fine with ET) and then play ET on that X?

I am getting tired of having to kill my X session and lose all of my morning work just so that I can start a single screen X that allows me to play ET.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pAntZ
    I've also tried big desktop/xinerama in order to work on the desktop while watching fullscreen video on the tv. Both these solutions were broken for me in the way you describe. So I had to settle for dual-head, which means you cant move windows from one screen to another. See aticonfig --help (also you want to set GL overlay to screen 0 for your main monitor)
    Last edited by giorgosts; 17 January 2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X