No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead 2 Beta On Linux Coming Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To bad they don't release left 4 dead before this. I never played both games and am not sure if it will be good to play 2 before 1.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
      To bad they don't release left 4 dead before this. I never played both games and am not sure if it will be good to play 2 before 1.
      The second one has all the maps of the first one nowadays, so you should be good to go.

Comment

2009 game

Nice to see Left 4 Dead 2 coming to Linux.

But L4D2 is a 2009 game. I hope to see some new games.
        I want to see 2013 games.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Nice to see Left 4 Dead 2 coming to Linux.

But L4D2 is a 2009 game. I hope to see some new games.
          I want to see 2013 games.
          Steam is full of 2013 games, and Kickstarter is even fuller, including 2014 games. What's to complain about ?

Comment

Originally posted by meklu View Post
            The second one has all the maps of the first one nowadays, so you should be good to go.
            So I'm able to play the first one through the second one? If so that's great news.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
              I wonder what took them so long? It would be interesting to hear what problems did they encounter with L4D2 since both TF2 and CSS got released pretty fast.
              I guess GPU driver issues. After all catalyst 13.4 has been released short ago. They basically used older source games to find and fix these issues.

Comment

Wasn't L4D2 the first game they attempted to port? I wonder why it took so long. Not that I care, I don't intend to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Ben View Post
                  Steam is full of 2013 games, and Kickstarter is even fuller, including 2014 games. What's to complain about ?
                  Not full, Linux Steam only have around fifty games, and most are shitty games you've never heard of.
                  Linux have no 2013 blockbuster game.

2014 is not now.
                  Kickstarter projects may never even materialize and get released, or may get delayed.

Comment

Not full, Linux Steam only have around fifty games, and most are shitty games you've never heard of.

2014 is not now.
                    Kickstarter projects may never even materialize and get released, or may get delayed.
                    Yes, Crysis 3 has awesome gameplay.

Comment

Not full, Linux Steam only have around fifty games
                      I own 41 Linux games, but that isn't everything that's available. There are around 100 games and that number rises with every new port/release.
                      and most are shitty games you've never heard of.
                      That's your opinion.
                      Also nothing more than your opinion. Mine is that there are some really great 2013 games.
                      2014 is not now.
                      So the devs shouldn't think of porting to Linux? Then you'll cry "there are no 2014 blockbuster games" next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X