Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Steam Linux Client Beta Released

Phoronix: New Steam Linux Client Beta Released

Valve released this week a new beta version of their Linux Steam client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No Qt = No Party

Comment

How about getting flash to work to view video previews of games? Or just getting rid of the flash requirement altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
        How about getting flash to work to view video previews of games? Or just getting rid of the flash requirement altogether?
        That already works on my machine (Arch Linux). Just make sure you the have 32bit Flashplugin.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
            That already works on my machine (Arch Linux). Just make sure you the have 32bit Flashplugin.
            Aha, so the "problem" is that the steam client is 32-bit. Is that how it's going to be when they roll out their steambox?

Comment

On the steam for linux forums you can also find a solution.

Some guy who said he was bored made it.

Wrote this purely out of boredom. It downloads the latest flash version and moves it to the appropriate directory so Steam can utilise it. It won't overwrite any files, so don't be scared. Simply download the zip from github, Extract flash_steam.sh and execute it, either by double clicking it (if your OS allows that) or run it in terminal by typing ./flash_steam.sh You may need to give it execute permissions too, if you don't know how then please Google how to do it.

Comment

64-bit

Steam is only available as 32-bit?
                Or is there 64-bit?

Comment

I still can not play TF2 because my mouse do not click anything in the game...

just why? even arma2 works in wine with mouse click and a nativ app can not?

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                    I still can not play TF2 because my mouse do not click anything in the game...

just why? even arma2 works in wine with mouse click and a nativ app can not?

Works for me (Xubuntu 12.10), you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X