Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" Released

Canonical has officially announced the release of Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

where could one find official 13.04 Ubuntu Gnome image for download?

Comment

Originally posted by jan1024188 View Post
      I don't think there is any...if you want Gnome 3 just install 13.04 and just apt-get the Gnome3 environment from there...that was also what i did way back with Feisty Fawn to install KDE into Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by jan1024188 View Post
        From the article: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...il/000171.html

Which then links to: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME

The first official release will be 13.04, which will be available by the end of April 2013. If you're itching to try it now, check out the daily images here.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
          From the article: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...il/000171.html

Which then links to: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME

The first official release will be 13.04, which will be available by the end of April 2013. If you're itching to try it now, check out the daily images here.
          No I don't want daily builds, I want the official 13.04 stable release. Anyway, I found it:
          cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gnome/releases/13.04/release/

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            A non release. Nothing significant is changed or improved in this version. Skip it and stay with the LTS. They slashed the support from 18 months to 9 anyways.
            I feel that LTS is a no-go for people with new hardware or who intend to upgrade to newer hardware sometime during the life of the LTS release. There's just too much that will potentially not be supported in the way of hardware drivers.

Comment

A non release. Nothing significant is changed or improved in this version. Skip it and stay with the LTS. They slashed the support from 18 months to 9 anyways.
              New kernel, new graphics drivers, updated repos, small improvements to boot time and Unity... That's pretty much all I wanted

Ubuntu mostly just tests and integrates other upstream changes. What else do you want from updates?

I'd looking forward to either Mir or Wayland; I don't know the details, but I suspect that will make various display issues work a little more smoothly.

Comment

Like every other release? The only difference from an advanced user point of view is more updated packages and thus better hardware support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  I feel that LTS is a no-go for people with new hardware or who intend to upgrade to newer hardware sometime during the life of the LTS release. There's just too much that will potentially not be supported in the way of hardware drivers.
                  They made quantal and raring kernel/Xorg packages available for 12.04 LTS, and i think they come already with newer "point" releases. Search for packages with "quantal" or "raring" (ie. linux-image-generic-lts-quantal).

Comment

this is by far the best release canonical ever did.

stable, decent, etc...

only thing that lacks is aesthetics fucking unity with gnome icons looks ugly as sin

Comment

Working...
                    X