No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Catalyst 13.4 For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on whether a new legacy driver for r600 owners will be released now that 13.04 is out?

Comment

Backlight adjustment still broken (http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=711). Every beta since 13.1 has been like this. It's good to know that they incorporate user feedback!..
      It's not even on the release notes. Honestly it's hard to think they care.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
        Hmm just wondered is there same opengl4.3 features added as windows drivers :

Does anyone installed them, please show glxinfo.
        Yes, They appear in glxinfo.

For me the driver is as stable as 13.2beta7 (that is, it just doesn't go right from intel igpu to dgpu and vsync does not work, and not fully stable when switching from dgpu to igpu without restarting). 13.3beta3 didn't work well with me (kernel bug at each shutdown).

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
          Backlight adjustment still broken (http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=711). Every beta since 13.1 has been like this. It's good to know that they incorporate user feedback!..
          Hi, but the backlight control works ?!?! ... For example, under Kubuntu and without any problems - which you have entries in grub and what kernel? look to my channel on YouTube and you'll see there backlight control - I don't give You link to this, because my comment does not appear ... again ;/

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
            Does setting the brightness from the GUI menus in KDE / Gnome / <insert preferred DE here> work, or is it completely borked?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
              It is nice to get rid of the stupid watermark. At least for a while.
              Hey, are you aware that you can easily get rid of the watermark? It's caused by a hash in /etc/ati/signature. Without a valid string in that file, it displays the watermark. With the beta drivers, it ships with the word "UNSIGNED" in place of the signature. Simply copy the string from the last release and it will work without the watermark. For example, I'm (still... haven't upgraded yet) using the 13.3 beta, and simply used the string from the 13.1 release. I wouldn't normally use a beta, but it was easier than adapting patches to get the back end to compile with Linux 3.8.x.

Code:
              b707d1012f4412b1c0f865b95bee38e0:8e29e1311d692383f0c1578136c309d48f32e6326c6953e589d85d8b6edb0ad0:8f62e3384a752180f19c538069dd00d3d137b2301a732a80f3ce068a6bd75cd48f61e2334a722183f69b53806edd5dd58f3eb5391a202ad3f69d01db6b8f5cd0
              There are other, more involved methods of actually replacing some bits in the xorg driver library fglrx_drv.so using objdump, awk and sed but the above seems to be the easiest and most harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                Does setting the brightness from the GUI menus in KDE / Gnome / <insert preferred DE here> work, or is it completely borked?
                I use the keyboard keys, but the ubuntu gui pops up an thinks the backlight is being adjusted (but it doesn't change).

It's definitely a regression, because every version <= 13.1 works, you install 13.4 and it stops working, and you revert to the older packages and it works again.

Comment

And again TF2 perfomance issues!
                  With 13.3 beta3 (from late march) TF2 game play was smooth, with 13.4 it freezes with 2 seconds interval.

Comment

still using 13.3 beta3 atm. just considered to upgrade to 13.4, but i guess no.

and wtf is this?

[373909]: Driver install via .deb package will cause OS desktop corruption
                    seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool69 View Post
                      still using 13.3 beta3 atm. just considered to upgrade to 13.4, but i guess no.

and wtf is this?

seriously?
                      I'm guessing that this means that if you install this driver from your desktop, you end up with the new version installed while at the same time you are still running with the last version (since this was loaded when your desktop started compositing, if it uses opengl). And it probably causes strange behaviors.

Comment

Working...
                      X