AMD Releases Catalyst 13.4 For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mibo View Post
    [ 380.806555] <3>[fglrx:firegl_apl_loadDatabase] *ERROR* APL: apl initialize fail.
    No idea what this is, sorry.
    2. Serious Sam 3 doesn't start anymore :-(
    I read, that deleting a texture cache might fix this, but I have no idea what file to delete (where?).
    The cache should be at .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Serious Sam 3/Temp/ShaderCache/ - but I give no guarantee that deleting these files won't damage anything!
    Any idea, how to fix the problems?
    you could downgrade the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
      The cache should be at .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Serious Sam 3/Temp/ShaderCache/ - but I give no guarantee that deleting these files won't damage anything!
      Thank you!
      I renamed ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Serious Sam 3/Temp/ShaderCache/OGL-LIN to .../OGL-LIN.bak and restarted SS3 - and it works again.

On the downside:
      - the intro corruption in the very beginning still is not fixed
      - had to press Alt+Enter twice to fix the most annoying texture flicker (I think, this is still not correctly displayed, as leafs and shadows of leafs still appear and disappear while the trees move due to the wind)

positive:
      - The intro now seems to be rendered smoothly with 29-30 fps

Comment

Works ok under Debian Testing 64-bit on an A8-5500 APU, although i have a few gripes withh it:

- if kernel > 3.7, virtual terminals work only if i set the vga=792 (or any other valid vga code) option in the kernel command line (deprecated) or i set the vt resolution by the gfxmode parameter (which isnt as straightforward as the vga option).
        Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

- TF2 sometimes has a blueish partial or sometimes full overlay (never happened until now, not sure its driver or game related) that doesnt affect the hands/1st person stuff or menus. Sometimes it goes away for a time then comes back. Annoying. Other than that TF2 runs just fine with no hiccups after the first minute or so (where are some event related stutterings, probably it has to load stuff from the hdd because after that its smooth).

- the apl errors in dmesg (not sure what they actually mean though) :

Code:
        [47979.673252] <3>[fglrx:firegl_apl_loadDatabase] *ERROR* APL: apl initialize fail.

Comment

Does WebGL work for anyone in Chrome 26 stable with Catalyst 13.4?
          E.g. http://www.chromeexperiments.com/det...ption/?f=webgl this one gives me a black screen with only controls and FPS counter
          http://www.chromeexperiments.com/det...mo-ovoidjs/?f= this one just fails with an error message
          Catalyst 12.8 works fine
          Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 07 May 2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

1/2 OT

*Something* is going on at http://ati.cchtml.com

The listed bugs were reduced from 310 to 260 over the last few days.
            I guess it's mainly cleaning out some of the very old stuff - but hey - at least it
            looks like *someone* cares.

Comment

Clean up with style

Originally posted by entropy View Post

I guess it's mainly cleaning out some of the very old stuff - but hey - at least it
              Oh, yes. They do care. 50 bugs deemed too old - erased. Now that's pure genius. See that ?! No you don't. FIXED !!
              To quote one of the trending expression in my language: "mai taie din ele, da-le dreaq !" - Sound too sweet and it fits like a glove. (something like: you may loose some of them, what the hell).
              Well, this world is surely closing to an end if we got even the american eagle doing EE work style. One thing's for sure, I wouldn't let these people to build the next vehicle to carry the human kind to Mars. They lack the will, and that will surely kill.

Comment

With less than one week left to the month, AMD released today the Catalyst 13.4 graphics driver for Linux x86/x86_64 customers...

Last edited by Ray7brian2; 09 May 2013, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

I've been thinking of opening up a website that keeps track of just how many games are broken with Catalyst. It seems every article at phoronix is: here's a new linux benchmark (latest unigine?), obv it has issues with fglrx and works with nvidia. Here's a new game (brutal legend? ss3? ...?), broken with fglrx, works nvidia.

I even wonder just how much flak the humble bundle guys get on every linux bundle because of fglrx issues. Or valve.

Comment

Working...
                  X