AMD Releases Catalyst 13.4 For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Doesn't this work with kernel 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8?
    It does.

Doesn't this work with X.org Server 1.14 and 1.15?
    It doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      * Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.5)

What's this?
      Doesn't this work with kernel 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8?
      Read again:

Code:
      New Features:
      Kernel 3.7 and 3.8 Support

Comment

It is nice to get rid of the stupid watermark. At least for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
          Ok, here we go again as it was under 13.3 beta2 ... for example, the Xonotic on AMD APU E-350 [Radeon 6310] shows up to 250 fps ... but the mouse responds in "slow motion" ... You can not play ... challenge is already pressing "close game". Well the same is for example in Counter-Strike: Source, etc.. While 13.3 beta3 work brilliantly and are stable, 13.4 is for me version "alpha".
          I think I have the same problem on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 with Counter Strike: Condition Zero. Menus work fine but for the scroll bars (although I cannot recall whether those used to work the way they should before this update), but once in the game, the mouse lags or just doesn't work. It was working fine with Catalyst 13.2.

On another post someone said it's to do with OpenGL. Any more information on that? Any fixes or hints?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Yes I have similar problems with a Radeon HD 6870. It is a problem in the OpenGL driver, also happens with Windows.
            Updating to the latest version of Steam Client seemed to fix it for me. At least for now. Too soon to tell whether that really did the trick.

Comment

So this update basically just adds the (ARCH) community-lead patches. I can use the legacy driver (13.1) with kernel 3.8.xx already - big deal... The problem is Xorg support - no sign of AMD actually doing any work on this - THEMSELVES??

Folk are only going to upgrade to an Nvidia card after getting this level of after-sales support!! I can run my 8800 GTX - ancient history compared to the Radeon 4xxx(M) series - with the latest display driver, Xorg and kernel versions - when using the proprietary Nvidia driver.

Comment

Hmm just wondered is there same opengl4.3 features added as windows drivers :
                Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst? 13.4
                *snip useless d3d part information*
                Delivers support for the following OpenGL 4.3 features:
                GL_ARB_compute_shader
                GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect
                GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object
                GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
                GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object
                GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility
                GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location
                GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport
                GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata
                GL_ARB_program_interface_query
                GL_ARB_shader_image_size
                GL_ARB_stencil_texturing
                GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range
                GL_ARB_texture_query_levels
                GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample
                Does anyone installed them, please show glxinfo.

Comment

the catalyst driver for linux and windows is the same code. so whatever features are changed applies to both OS's

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
                    So this update basically just adds the (ARCH) community-lead patches. I can use the legacy driver (13.1) with kernel 3.8.xx already - big deal... The problem is Xorg support - no sign of AMD actually doing any work on this - THEMSELVES??

Folk are only going to upgrade to an Nvidia card after getting this level of after-sales support!! I can run my 8800 GTX - ancient history compared to the Radeon 4xxx(M) series - with the latest display driver, Xorg and kernel versions - when using the proprietary Nvidia driver.
                    There was no chance xserver 1.14 support will come with this official release.
                    Simply because the public beta drivers didn't feature it.
                    *Maybe*, since we have new an official release, we can hope that the next beta releases have xserver 1.14 support.

Now waiting for 13.4 hitting Arch...

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      Originally posted by uid313,327503
                      Doesn't this work with X.org Server 1.14 and 1.15?
                      It doesn't.
                      Argh... Why do they make me hate supporting the development of their open driver by not supporting current X.org releases with their closed driver? My next gaming GPU will be back to Nvidia unless something changes.

=-Jameson

Comment

Working...
                      X