Thread: Manjaro: A Convenient Way To Play With Arch Linux

Hybrid View

Default Manjaro: A Convenient Way To Play With Arch Linux

Phoronix: Manjaro: A Convenient Way To Play With Arch Linux

The Manjaro Linux distribution describes itself as a "user-friendly" version of the popular Arch Linux platform. Manjaro Linux still follows Arch in a rolling-release manner, but it's designed to offer greater user-friendliness and accessbility, complete with an easy installation routine...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM1NzI

Exclamation

Those not familiar with Arch : you are supposed to set it up once then you only upgrade the packages online. It's a rolling release.
    Benchmarks (ie Phoronix, Heaven, whatever) are available using Arch
    Good luck to Manjaro

I'm an Arch user. I recently had a look at Manjaro out of curiosity, frankly i thought it was pretty damn good. Great option for getting a user-friendly Arch desktop setup and running quickly.

Sidenote: nVidia drivers are even bundled on the disc and do operate in live CD mode.

I'm an Arch user as well and I'm impressed with the Manjaro distro. Even to the point I installed it on my work machine as I was sick of updating Ubuntu on it every six months. I get rolling release minus all the bloody tinkering which I do enjoy but not while I'm at work.

Exclamation Problems...

The only problem this distro have is that only one man takes care of all the repos...

I really liked the concept behind manjaro, but just as they say on their webpage, it has rough edes and is under heavy development still.

My testing stopped with there being no network detected. I don't know if i was expected to manually configure, or if it was just bugged, but i decided to come back when the heavy development warnings are lifted.

Current verdict: Manjaro = Arch done right, but not ready for mainstream Linux users just yet.