Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 13.04-Based Touch Images Now Available

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.04-Based Touch Images Now Available

Canonical has released new "Raring-based" Ubuntu Touch images for the Google Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While I don't use Ubuntu (I use Lubuntu) I have been wondering for a while will they be making a touch screen friendly edition for touch screen laptops/tablets that run x86 processors as I actually happen to like the Windows 8 look and feel and would be keen to try the Linux/Ubuntu answer to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BW~Merlin View Post
      While I don't use Ubuntu (I use Lubuntu) I have been wondering for a while will they be making a touch screen friendly edition for touch screen laptops/tablets that run x86 processors as I actually happen to like the Windows 8 look and feel and would be keen to try the Linux/Ubuntu answer to it.
      The code isn't CPU architecture specific to begin with.

Comment

This is not windows. You don't have to code separately for separate architectures.

Comment

Working...
        X