Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike: GO Might Soon Be Out On Linux

Phoronix: Counter-Strike: GO Might Soon Be Out On Linux

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the latest installment to Valve's Counter-Strike franchise, is being tested on Linux and might soon be released to the general public...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is exciting news, with this being one of the games I play on a daily basis, I really can't wait.

Comment

Can't wait! Been eagerly awaiting the day I don't need to reboot to play my favorite FPS game.

Comment

People never thought of Linux as a gaming platform but we always had FPS. With new additions such as TF2 KF RO CS CS:CZ CS:S and now CS:GO (and possibly RO2) Linux is really becoming a FPS's playground.
        Last edited by nightmarex; 11 April 2013, 03:14 AM.

Comment

I hope they'll finally run out of Counter-Strike titles, so that they can port Portal 1/2...

Comment

Can CS:S or CS:GO be moded beyond new content?
            (Like adding no-aiming-circle or lean-over, or whatever..)

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
              People never thought of Linux as a gaming platform but we always had FPS. With new additions such as TF2 KF RO CS CS:CZ CS:S and now CS:GO (and possibly RO2) Linux is really becoming a FPS's playground.
              Don't care for any western games.

What i really want are more jRPGs, Japanese visual novels and Japanese doujin games for Linux. Which, unfortunately, is not happening at all.

Comment

visual novels are unavailable even for mac, it's so difficult that this happen for linux, you can only use ps3 or windows

Comment

I'm worried about mouse lag on CS on Linux. I currently have CS, CSCZ and CSS on Linux, and there's some mouse lag when using VSync. Just a tiny tad, but it's there. On Windows, I've tweaked everything so that I get zero mouse lag with VSync on. I'm not able to do that on Linux.

Initially, I was very excited to be able to play the CS games under Linux. But by now, I keep playing them under Windows due to the extremely low mouse latency I get there.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the same levels of latency under Linux? On Windows, what I do is set "max prerendered frames" to 2 in NVidia's control panel and simply set the "fps_max" variable of the source engine to 60. I also have my mouse set to a 500Hz polling rate (it's a 1000Hz mouse, but that's overkill; I just use 500Hz.) On Linux, that's the "usbhid.mousepoll=2" kernel option, which I use. Anything else I can do to imorove my mouse input?

Comment

Set fps_max to something below vsync, for 60 Hz screen use like 59 or 58. That can help to get rid of some vsync latency. (This causes frame skipping, but is hardly noticable)
                    I also noticed with ATI/AMD Blobs that in some applications "max prerendered frames" is terrible high if the vsync was set by the applications. But if I force vsync with the ATI/AMD controll center I didn't have that problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X