New AMD Catalyst Beta Supports Linux 3.8, TF2 Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
    Isn't this way of thinking part of the problem? AMD now has a bad image for Linux gamers because they don't have enough driver developers to actually deliver a sufficient product. So not having enough developers furthers their money problems. They should hire developers to get a better product in the long run instead of saving money now with having to pay fewer developers, but lowering product quality.
    I fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      @Gps4l

You should know that intel+nvidia have got access to source engine code, if needed they could tell the devs how to increase speed that it works best with their drivers. I don't know if amd has got access and if they are willing to do the same.
      I am wondering the same. ( if amd is willing )
      I do know however croteam, and Valve are talking with amd.

But like the guy from croteam said, it seems that amd has other priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
        There is an official AMD forum for reporting bugs for steam on linux:http://devgurus.amd.com/community/steam-linux
        The issue is that we had no developper posts other the lasts months (and it seems that today and yesterday a bot has filled the forum).
        And a topic why nobody is responding....

I just wonder, if AMD is reading this forum sometime or not.

As suggested by bridgman I registered for this forum and I already regret it. It is lost time as no devs answers anything. It is the same c r a p as the "unofficial" bugtracker that never got responses.

How to get rid of customers ?

Comment

Not to nitpick, but did I actually suggest you register there ?

I guess I might have but I don't remember doing so...

... but I'm *highly* confident I didn't suggest you register there and just file generic complaints about lack of response.

(scratches head)

Are you maybe quoting text from Kano's post but without indicating that it's a quote ?
          Last edited by bridgman; 16 April 2013, 09:29 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Good news, this beta fixed perfomance problems in TF2 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Not to nitpick, but did I actually suggest you register there ?

I guess I might have but I don't remember doing so...

... but I'm *highly* confident I didn't suggest you register there and just file generic complaints about lack of response.

(scratches head)

Are you maybe quoting text from Kano's post but without indicating that it's a quote ?
              If you click the links I posted, you can see, who said that Bridgman told him to register there.

I did not want to copy the entire topic, so I picked one line from the link I posted.
              Sorry for the confusion.

Both those links are not to topics I started.
              It's about people asking why amd is not responding.

In my case it was Croteam, who told me to report the bug, on that forum.

So I did, and have not received any reply in over a month now.
              My topic:

Comment

Something else related to this:

AMD has opened a new forum ( http://devgurus.amd.com/community/steam-linux ) for those of you using Linux AMD graphics drivers. The purpose of the AMD forum is to provide a direct line to AMD for feedback on their graphics drivers. Currently before you can post you will need to create a new AMD forum account and request access to the forum. Currently, the forum is private but that will change to public very soon.

Frank ( valve employee )
                AMD forum now open
                AMD has opened a new forum (http://devgurus.amd.com/community/steam-linux) for those of you using Linux AMD graphics drivers. The purpose of the AMD forum is to provide a direct line to AMD for feedback on their graphics drivers.
                Currently before you can post you will need to create a new AMD forum account and request access to the forum. Currently, the forum is private but that will change to public very soon.
                In case you are wondering, we will continue monitoring this forum for AMD-related issues with Steam for Linux.
                Thanks!

Comment

Any "insider information" when we see a new Catalyst release?
                  The last official driver is now 3 month old and there are plenty of
                  bugs waiting to be fixed despite the (very welcome) beta releases.
                  Last edited by entropy; 17 April 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    Any "insider information" when we see a new Catalyst release?
                    When we are already at it, any information when (if?) we will see a new release for the legacy Catalyst, maybe one that supports xorg-server 1.13?

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      When we are already at it, any information when (if?) we will see a new release for the legacy Catalyst, maybe one that supports xorg-server 1.13?
                      You mean 1.14?
                      xorg-server 1.13 is supported since Catalyst 13.1.

Comment

Working...
                      X