Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Closer To Having Apple IR Support

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Closer To Having Apple IR Support

While some patches have turned up in the past, the mainline Linux kernel has yet to have support for Apple's infrared remote control found on their computers since 2005. Fortunately, it looks like a new Apple IR driver is taking shape...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Misleading article

This article is misleading. When I owned 2 Intel based Mac minis, the IR port worked fine as a generic HID input device. I was able to use lirc with the devinput driver. I could also re-initialize the IR controller so it generates different codes, and collect enough codes to use a learning remote with more keys that the Apple remote has.

I remember that Greg KH submitted a dedicated driver in the past. I noticed him that this breaks existing setups, and he postponed it.

Comment

Hi,

the article is still not fixed. The Apple remote in the first Intel based Macs was usable with a stock kernel without without extra drivers.

Comment

Working...
      X