AMD RadeonSI Driver Officially Gets Compute Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brent View Post
    Damn. Even many basic features are missing. That doesn't look very promising.
    It's a first stab at the problem, just the fact that they actually were able to run some demos is awesome.

we will need to wait some more time to actually get full OpenCL compliance, but at least other developers have a place to start working from when adding features

Comment

Go OpenCL makes our GPU's more useful.
      OpenCL should displace CUDA and other things by time.
      (I'm for competition of these api's because you could find good and bad stuff by taking different approaches then the good stuff gets cross pollinated between api's.)

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
        Damn. Even many basic features are missing. That doesn't look very promising.
        Currently, there's a bit of a gap in test coverage in Piglit... If you have OpenCL programming experience, feel free to contribute test cases for Piglit. We can't fix what we don't know is broken

The big gaps that I'm aware of in clover and the R600 LLVM back-end right now have to do with support for vload/vstore, and data types that are not int/float. Char/Short/Long are still a work in progress in the LLVM R600 backend. They exist, but seem to be buggy when casting/converting between types. I believe that most of the address space types have been taken care of, but I haven't checked in a while.

Libclc is missing quite a few built-in functions that need to be provided. I'd suggest cloning http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/libclc and trying to implement any built-in functions that you need that are missing. Currently, the upstream libclc maintainer seems to be somewhat unresponsive, so I've been treating Tom's libclc branch on FD.o as the main repository for now. I've also got a repo at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~awatry/libclc with a few more built-ins that I've been working on (with the intention of having Tom merge my changes when they're ready).

There's still a lot of work to do, but there's several discrete pieces that individual people could work on separately without stepping on each other's toes.

Comment

Working...
        X