Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot Kicks Up With New Timeline Feature

Phoronix: OpenShot Kicks Up With New Timeline Feature

The OpenShot Video Editor now has a new video/audio timeline that will be introduced in the next version of this popular open-source Linux video application. Here's some details...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All these new video editor programs popping up all over the place is starting to get real boring. Seems like every few days, some new little video editor comes up, that does exactly the same thing as the last one, rather than actually adding in significant functionality. In the end, if you want to manipulate videos on Linux, you still need to get comfortable with the commandline.

Also... ability to skin with css? Who the hell cares? Does the program actually do anything useful? No? Ok, then I don't care how "pretty" it is.

Edit: looks just about like pitivi.

Comment

Well I have long done these things with the command line but with one recent video, it was getting tedious so I installed OpenShot and found it to be pretty nice. It's not quite feature-packed but it does everything I need so far. Improved snapping sounds good, I did find that it wasn't very... err... snappy.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        All these new video editor programs popping up all over the place is starting to get real boring. Seems like every few days, some new little video editor comes up, that does exactly the same thing as the last one, rather than actually adding in significant functionality. In the end, if you want to manipulate videos on Linux, you still need to get comfortable with the commandline.

Also... ability to skin with css? Who the hell cares? Does the program actually do anything useful? No? Ok, then I don't care how "pretty" it is.

Edit: looks just about like pitivi.
        You're obviously really ignorant, droidhacker, cuz openShot's been around for a LONG time, like years. This is just talking about an update to it.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I'm hoping OpenShot will place itself as a Paint.NET for video editing. Nice, simple to use tool with lots of basic functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
            I'm hoping OpenShot will place itself as a Paint.NET for video editing. Nice, simple to use tool with lots of basic functionality.
            That is basically my take on it, with Kdenlive currently being the best for more complex video manipulation.

Comment

Anyone said bloat ?

Comment

Sweet!

OpenShot is a nice easy to use fully functional program. Its great to see them adding new features. I have used pitivi before but Openshot seams more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
                  Paint.net? You mean a software that is a closed source shitbucket, doesn't have half the functionality that GIMP has, whose developer guards the source code like a mother goose guards her eggs to the point that only a small inner circle-jerk of "trusted" people get to even know enough of it to write proper plugins for it?

Eh... I certainly hope not.

Comment

I meant only in the characteristics of easy to use and basic but not too small feature set.
                    Not the closed source character and a few other negative things.

A lot of functionality sometimes comes in the way of ease of use but that's no reason to exclude features that are difficult to implement but easy to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X