• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
    He says nothing about Qt
    Qt will be fine.

Originally posted by Benjamin Poulain
    QML uses V8. That does not matter for WebKit.
    QtWebKit uses exclusively JSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Full scale adoption of LLVM/Clang/LLDB/Compiler-RT/libc++abi/libc++ will be adopted in WebKit. You can bank on it.
      Google is a huge contributor to these projects and is pushing them just as hard as Apple (to the point that I've seen some of Google's engineers claim Clang as "their" compiler even though the initial code drop and continued release management is by Apple-employed engineers). Google has been doing a lot specifically with its WebKit (now Blink) code and the Clang family of projects. Most Google developers I've worked with use OS X as their primary dev machines with Windows/Linux VMs and secondary boxes just for building and testings the ports. So everything you say is true but essentially irrelevant. Blink is less likely to ever _only_ work with Clang, but strong integration with and support for Clang and related tools will remain a top priority for Blink. I expect to see more use of Clang tools and analysis in Blink as time goes on since Google's dev tools team is writing most of those tools, often explicitly at the behest of Google's Chromium team.

Comment

Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
        He says nothing about Qt

GTK+ is obsolete and not relevant anymore.
        GTK is not obsolete...Its still an actively developed toolkit that is used by many.
        Last edited by bwat47; 07 April 2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
          GTK is not obsolete...Its still an actively developed toolkit that is used by many.
          Yeah but GTK is in an awkward position nonetheless with Clutter taking over more and more of its duties even within Gnome.

Comment

Working...
          X