Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Pushing Out Daily Compilers For Ubuntu

Phoronix: LLVM Pushing Out Daily Compilers For Ubuntu

The LLVM project will be releasing daily Debian/Ubuntu package snapshots of its compiler for those interested in testing out the very latest code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great, the Clang/LLVM in the ubuntu repo is out of date and not even compatible with vim's clang-complete AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      Great, the Clang/LLVM in the ubuntu repo is out of date and not even compatible with vim's clang-complete AFAIK.
      It's a disaster in Debian. More specifically, being forced to installed a hodge-podge of GCC 4.8 and GCC 4.7 Experimental makes absolutely no sense as I'm self-hosting on Debian Linux after first building trunk against GCC 4.7.2-5 Debian and since haven't wasted my time looking at GCC. Being as Compiler-RT, Libc++ and LLDB all now build it's finally reaching the point where I could care less about GNU GCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
        finally reaching the point where I could care less about GNU GCC.
        couldn't*

(Sorry, major pet peeve of mine >.>)
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Any idea if they enabled the r600 backend? because if they did, it's going to be pretty convenient for building mesa from git.
          I'm almost ready to try that on my sid install...

Comment

Working...
          X