Don?t blink.
    Blink and you?re dead.
    Don?t turn your back.
    Don?t look away.
    And don?t blink.

Comment

Fingerprint

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      Glad it is dead, this made me ban Safari as a web browser in an all Mac environment because of how badly it behaved with WYSIWYG. Back then Safari also had a tendency to crash when undoing or just randomly.
      Even worse, when you copied formatted strings to external programs.
      - It was like a fingerprint.

Comment

My first thought is that hopefully they can get rid of the absolutely TERRIBLE performance problems, but then I realized that other khtml browsers are actually fast, so its not the rendering engine at fault.

In other words... who the hell cares? Chrome is going to remain a complete turd.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
          They aren't going to have a prefix. If something's not ready then they're going to hide it behind an "enable experimental features" button, but it will always use the non-prefixed form.
          While this does actually mean that we can't stay compatible with older versions of the browser, i do agree that it's an overall better solution.

Comment

Was about f'ing time. Many Chromium bug reports were closed as upstream WebKit problems, with Google unable to do anything about them. It was getting ridiculous.

Comment

This seems silly to me considering that Chrome on iOS will continue to use Webkit according to people in #blink on freenode.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
                This seems silly to me considering that Chrome on iOS will continue to use Webkit according to people in #blink on freenode.
                I wonder if Apple has a rule that browsers on iOS HAVE TO use Webkit as their engine
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  I wonder if Apple has a rule that browsers on iOS HAVE TO use Webkit as their engine
                  They do - no browser engines except Webkit are allowed. Firefox's browser on iOS had to use Webkit too, for the same reason, and that's why they eventually just killed their port.

Comment

When Opera switched to WebKit I was bummed (monoculture, Chrome+skin, abandoned Presto, etc) but thinking that at least they got WebKit and this might be a good this in the end felt right. But now... daaam

also http://prng.net/blink-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                      Not only that it will have to be the bulidin version, so no browser updates either. An when apple updates your content better be ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X