Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Video Disk Recorder 2.0 Supports HDTV

Phoronix: Linux Video Disk Recorder 2.0 Supports HDTV

After a half-decade in development, VDR 2.0 has been released of this open-source video recording and playback software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Love the LCARS theme.

Comment

Does that mean that it's not somewhat competitive with MythTV? But eh, I generally like how MythTV works already. The integration into XBMC Frodo is pretty good, too, even if it still has a few issues to iron out.

Comment

Does that mean that it's not somewhat competitive with MythTV?
        In which matter ? The architecture is different in a lot of ways. In my opinion I don't know if mythtv is competitive in any way, but I don't think so. Surely this is a point of view question

Many of the mentioned features are working for some years, vdr only missed a stable release so far. VDR also integrates very well with XBMC via the vnsi plugin for xbmc. The development is working on that one for years, long before live-tv went into xbmc main trunk.

Comment

Added support for DVB cards with multiple fontends. Note that this only works for DVB cards where each frontend can be used independently of all the others on the same adapter.
          I have already lost any hope for a proper support for Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000. Kernel devs don't bother to port driver to the newer DVB API and VDR devs won't support it because there is this new api.
          gmane.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gmane.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

gmane.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gmane.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
          RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
            Many of the mentioned features are working for some years, vdr only missed a stable release so far.
            That's good to know.

Comment

Working...
            X