Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 20 Drops In New Private, Download Features

Phoronix: Firefox 20 Drops In New Private, Download Features

Mozilla has announced Firefox 20 with several prominent new features to the open-source web-browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the mozilla devs are driven by Microsoft's cup cakes

Comment

Originally posted by sakamoto View Post
      I think the mozilla devs are driven by Microsoft's cup cakes
      What?
      *10chars*

Comment

No ppapi support? Sorry but i had to switch to google chrome from firefox because of this. Not going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
          No ppapi support? Sorry but i had to switch to google chrome from firefox because of this. Not going back.
          LOL. Because yeah, ppapi support gives you... Well, it gives you... Well, i guess Flash uses it.

FF20 also includes wmf codec support (for html5 mp3/h264 on windows). Although it's disabled behind a config for now, supposedly 21 will turn it on by default.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
            What?
            *10chars*

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
              What?
              *10chars*

Comment

Firefox died for me with release 18. It's so buggy that's unacceptable. Of course I reported everything, but it needs ages to be fixed while new bugs are introduced. I switched to chrome in the meantime. Sorry mozilla devs, but the new release cycle doesn't do any good. Also to mention issues as fixed in the changelog although it isn't also won't make it better (better image scaling quality)
                It's really all half-baked...
                Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 02 April 2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                  Firefox died for me with release 18. It's so buggy that's unacceptable. Of course I reported everything, but it needs ages to be fixed while new bugs are introduced. I switched to chrome in the meantime. Sorry mozilla devs, but the new release cycle doesn't do any good. Also to mention issues as fixed in the changelog although it isn't also can piss people off (better image scaling quality) It's really all half-baked...
                  i do not experience any bugs - maybe it's your linux distribution which is broken?

Comment

- Support for starting private browsing in a new tab of an already existing web-browser session. Firefox for Android also now supports private browsing on a per-tab basis.
                    I would like to correct this sentence from "new tab" to a "new window", as in the firefox announcement page says:

Firefox includes a new enhancement to private browsing that allows you to open a new private browsing window without closing or changing your current browsing session.

Comment

Working...
                    X