The Wayland/Weston Fork Is Now "Banned"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninez View Post
    i would suggest that maybe instead of comparing himself to the likes of Tesla, that he instead use Ted Haggart[/url]
    on the other hand, Tesla might be strangely fitting ... didn't he go kinda megalomaniac/crazy in his later years ?

Comment

I also think all this has had much more coverage than it ever deserved, and this is kind of a lose-lose situation for everyone.

Comment

Qaridarium, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
          I also think all this has had much more coverage than it ever deserved, and this is kind of a lose-lose situation for everyone.
          Yes, Phoronix should cover forks of projects only when they have achieved something, not in advance and not drama or hate forks.

Comment

No need to jump to conclusions.

There's no need to jump to conclusions. It's quite possible his email got hacked or something. Could also be that he's used to smsing so much with so many people he doesn't even realize he's doing it:
            e.g. I knew a girl who had her email, sms, twitter, facebook and so on all under the same smart phone ui... She'd sms\email me half a dozen times a day for a week about the most trivial things without even me answering back. Thing is, when I asked a friend of hers from work if she's alright in the head, she said it's considered pretty normal and that I'm just "totally out of it". She even showed me her 900+ friends facebook account.

Kids this days... I do wonder how they get any work done with all that chatting...

Now, back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Siekacz View Post
              Michael, you didn't need to publish this and the previous articles. That just made everyone pissed off. I would leave it alone without any coverage of the private side on the Phoronix, I would just ignore kickback offers and other messages. Scott just got crazy after being kicked off from the Wayland project and I bet your publication of his emails made him go even crazier...
              this..........

Comment

Originally posted by Siekacz View Post
                Michael, you didn't need to publish this and the previous articles. That just made everyone pissed off. I would leave it alone without any coverage of the private side on the Phoronix, I would just ignore kickback offers and other messages. Scott just got crazy after being kicked off from the Wayland project and I bet your publication of his emails made him go even crazier...

Michael offered Scott Moreau a prominent spot on his great web site, to present his point of view on the subject. The space for a full four page article. That was really very supportive.

However, reading through those 12 pages of comments was a real disgusting experience.

As a very regular reader of phoronix, I actually do appreciate Michaels clarification.
                Else my perception of the phoronix web site would be much diminished.

Comment

I'm now officially out of popcorn. I need to start buying in bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
                    so it'd be best if you didn't cover it nor respond to anyone.
                    Actually sharing the emails was the best decision since we get to know clearly the side with immaturity and personality disorder.

Comment

Regulated..

This fork really was created out of pouting and wanting to get back at wayland for banning him..

It feels like he wants to show the wayland people the "big mistake" they made by not listening to him..
                      I think his dream is to have this stupid northfield thing become super big, and eventually become the de-facto thing that all distrobutions use, and then the wayland people will say "NOOOOOO, we should have listened to scott! We were such idiots not to listen to all of his crazy ideas!"..

I also feel that, the more that this stupid fork becomes forgotten, the more crazy scott will become, because he will slowly realize that he can't single-handedly just make every one start jumping from using wayland to using this fork.. (Yes I know not many people use either yet, but most people are planning on using wayland when it is stable)..

I want to be there to see scott when he finally runs out of steam, gives up all hope, and realizes that northfield is going south.. Is that a little demented of me to want to see him have a mental break-down like that?.. But, of course, he kind of burned this bridge him self.. I mean, he was already trying to talk to the phoronix guy, and trying to coerce him in to creating lies and stuff to promote northfield.. And then when he gets called out on it, he throws a fit like an infant.. Now every one realizes why throwing him out of wayland was justified..

Comment

Working...
                      X