Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wayland/Weston Fork Is Now "Banned"

Phoronix: The Wayland/Weston Fork Is Now "Banned"

It's now becoming quite easy to understand why the developer of the Northfield/Norwood fork of Wayland was ejected from the Wayland development community and banned from development communication channels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

juicy tidbits

At least now a Google search for "Scott Moreau" will yield some more "juicy tidbits" for potential employers. The internet is forever.

Comment

Next week, on the young and the restless...........

Comment

Last time I checked you were called Michael, not Mike.

Forget him.

Comment

Good choice. Don't forget to update your spam filter if you didn't do so already
          Edit: @qlum: one troll can do a shitload of damage. I think that's essentially whats going on here. Apart from this little twerp I didn't really hear anything bad from the Wayland mailing list yet in the news at least.

Comment

Michael, you didn't need to publish this and the previous articles. That just made everyone pissed off. I would leave it alone without any coverage of the private side on the Phoronix, I would just ignore kickback offers and other messages. Scott just got crazy after being kicked off from the Wayland project and I bet your publication of his emails made him go even crazier...

Comment

Yeah. Scott does seem to have gone off the deep end...

...if Scott is going to compare himself with people who live in Colorado Springs, i would suggest that maybe instead of comparing himself to the likes of Tesla, that he instead use Ted Haggart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard)...lol

it would seem with all this drama, that Scott would lean more towards the Ted Haggart end of the spectrum, than Tesla..lol

(and not in terms of sexual preference, just in terms of drama happening behind 'closed doors').

Comment

depression

Maybe we should cut Scott some slack.... he might be clinically depressed. Last thing we want is something bad to happen as a result of these back and forths. Reacting only fuels the fire - so it'd be best if you didn't cover it nor respond to anyone, Scott or not, on the subject of this fork.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: The Wayland/Weston Fork Is Now "Banned"

It's now becoming quite easy to understand why the developer of the Northfield/Norwood fork of Wayland was ejected from the Wayland development community and banned from development communication channels...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM0MTM
                  Phoronix seems to attract nutjobs. I recall the "Gnome Survey" guy, who got banned from the mailing lists of various open source projects for trolling and nagging.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
                    Maybe we should cut Scott some slack.... he might be clinically depressed. Last thing we want is something bad to happen as a result of these back and forths.
                    Reacting only fuels the fire - so it'd be best if you didn't cover it nor respond to anyone, Scott or not, on the subject of this fork.
                    I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                    X