Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 3 outputs? (active/passive adapters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 3 outputs? (active/passive adapters)

Hi all,

I have an MSI R7770-PMD1GD5. It has three output ports. DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter). However, I couldn't get it to have all 3 outputs enabled at the same time. Only two at most. Tried under both Linux and Windows.

After some research, it seems that I might need an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. At this point I could only assume the adapter I have is an passive one.

I'm rather new to AMD/ATI cards and DisplayPorts. Is it safe to assume an active adapter will solve the problem?

Thanks.

Yes, an active DP adapter will solve that issue. It's also what the 3-output cards have inside, like the Sapphire Flex.

Comment

Thanks!

For the record, I bought an Astrotek Active DisplayPort to DVI adapter, and it worked.

It's funny how this active adapter looks almost identical to the one I already have before which doesn't work, presumably a passive adapter.

I'm only running at 1280x1024 though. I was told that for a resolution that requires dual-link dvi, I may need a powered active adapter (those with an extra USB plug for power).

Comment

What about 4 or more outputs?

Originally posted by pigeon View Post
        I have an MSI R7770-PMD1GD5. It has three output ports. DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter).
        Just wanted to bump this up a little.

What would I need if I want to run 4 (or more) screens with this card?

I read about displayport multistream hub, but they are not on the market yet (and will probably be pretty expensive too?).

Are there other ways I can do this?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X