Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garry's Mod Being Released For Linux Today

Phoronix: Garry's Mod Being Released For Linux Today

The popular "Garry's Mod" sandbox physics game built atop Valve's Source Engine is expected to be introduced to Linux gamers today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dude it was an april fools, try fact checking at least a little before posting it right up...he said 4 hours ago it wasn't real and you still posted it up??

Liam of GamingOnLinux.com

Comment

April Fools!!

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
        Dude it was an april fools, try fact checking at least a little before posting it right up...he said 4 hours ago it wasn't real and you still posted it up??

Did it occur to you that Michael may have intentionally perpetuated the story knowing it was an April fools joke? Personally it is one I find in poor taste as someone who has purchased the game already and has been looking forward to playing it since the Steam for Linux beta was announced. But none the less I also find your incessant jabs at Michael, in a thinly veiled attempt to advertise your own news site, to be in equally poor taste. Every time I see you do it it makes me want to view your site a little less.

Comment

Originally posted by IanS View Post
          Did it occur to you that Michael may have intentionally perpetuated the story knowing it was an April fools joke? Personally it is one I find in poor taste as someone who has purchased the game already and has been looking forward to playing it since the Steam for Linux beta was announced. But none the less I also find your incessant jabs at Michael, in a thinly veiled attempt to advertise your own news site, to be in equally poor taste. Every time I see you do it it makes me want to view your site a little less.
          M already reported on Half Life 4 as an April Fools attempted.

Edit > It was hardly poor taste, it was amusing, I think you need a thicker skin buddy.

Feel free to view my site a little less, I don't care you sound very petty.

Oh and....Liam of GamingOnLinux.com

Comment

M already reported on Half Life 4 as an April Fools attempted.

Feel free to view my site a little less, I don't care you sound very petty.

Oh and....Liam of GamingOnLinux.com
            I would if I could, but that would imply that I bothered to view it at all in the first place.

Great job on the PR skills btw. You kind of remind me of one of those little fish that swim along the belly of a shark hoping to pick up some scraps along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by IanS View Post
              I would if I could, but that would imply that I bothered to view it at all in the first place.

Great job on the PR skills btw. You kind of remind me of one of those little fish that swim along the belly of a shark hoping to pick up some scraps along the way.
              Forgetting your own words now are we?

makes me want to view your site a little less
              You said that before, meaning you visit it and now will do less....so yes it does seem like you "bothered" to view it in the first place.

Either way this is descending into stupidity, I don't need PR, my website is mostly a hobby, you aren't the first to say you won't visit and you won't be the last, i'm just having a little fun

Also the whole reason I made my first comment was to show mainly this:
              he said 4 hours ago it wasn't real and you still posted it up
              M posted it after Gary already said it wasn't real...and did his usual linking to other Phoronix articles where he said about GMod coming to get more views...

Anyways before we start trading more insults, have a good day
              Last edited by liamdawe; 01 April 2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Forgetting your own words now are we?

You said that before, meaning you visit it and now will do less....so yes it does seem like you "bothered" to view it in the first place.
                Desire != action. It must be difficult writing news articles with such a thin grasp on the English language. I commented on my want, or desire, to view your site. There was no implication there of my actions.

Don't you really mean that this was the reason for your first post?

Also, as to your edit on a previous post to insult me on my need for thicker skin. That's rich coming from someone who couldn't tell they've been being trolled. I've been busting into mild fits of uncontrollable laughter while following this thread. Happy April, fool.

Comment

Oh you do make me laugh my lover.

I don't care if you are "trolling" me, your making yourself out to be an arsehole. April 1st is no excuse to just be increasingly hostile to people but hey it's Phoronix it's kinda what happens on this forum.

Keep "trolling" me if you want IanS it's amusing for me too , considering you can't even get things right.

Desire != action. It must be difficult writing news articles with such a thin grasp on the English language. I commented on my want, or desire, to view your site. There was no implication there of my actions.
                  You obviously can't even grasp your own words either my friend.

makes me want to view your site a little less
                  That in plain English means you already visit and want to visit it less.

Sheesh trying to troll me about English and you can't even get it right.

For shame troll, for shame.

Comment

Now you are just starting to make me feel bad for you. Oh well, since you want to keep it up, here goes. I'll explain it in simple terms you might be able to understand, no promises though.

Desire can be thought of like an infinite number line. Desire for something, such as visiting a inconsequential third rate gaming news site, starts off at 0 when you either don't know about it or are completely neutral concerning its existence. That desire can go up or down from there indefinitely in increments small or large.

I first heard of your site through one of your snarky one-liner comments that tried to cast aspersions on Michael or Phoronix as a community in general. I saw right through your intentions and made the decision not to follow the link. With every occurrence there after my desire to click said link went further down the negative end of that number line. Hence, "every time I see you do it it makes me want to view your site a little less."

Comment

Working...
                    X