Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An OpenGL 4.x Feature Gets Crossed Off In Mesa

Phoronix: An OpenGL 4.x Feature Gets Crossed Off In Mesa

Support for the OpenGL ARB_texture_storage_multisample extension is now implemented within Mesa and is exposed by the Intel DRI driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

@Michael
    What about Nouveau. News specific to it are so rare on phoronix. Maybe you can do some round up on what nouveau folks do. Usually its Intel on i965 or AMD on r600g :| (with quarterly news about Nouveau..)

What is going one? Are Nouveau just trailing the rest with just enabling code when everybody did it already? Or maybe Nouveau use communication means that phoronix can not infiltrate :P

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: An OpenGL 4.x Feature Gets Crossed Off In Mesa

Support for the OpenGL ARB_texture_storage_multisample extension is now implemented within Mesa and is exposed by the Intel DRI driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzOTQ
      Facts are hard, Chris doesn't work for Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
        @Michael
        What about Nouveau. News specific to it are so rare on phoronix. Maybe you can do some round up on what nouveau folks do. Usually its Intel on i965 or AMD on r600g :| (with quarterly news about Nouveau..)

What is going one? Are Nouveau just trailing the rest with just enabling code when everybody did it already? Or maybe Nouveau use communication means that phoronix can not infiltrate :P
        I think that there is so little news, since there isn't much to report actually. That said, progress has not stalled at all! They are just working hard on getting dynamic clocking working. However, this turns out to be quite a challenge. Only after that, I think, it's useful to enable gallium3D features.

Furthermore, nouveau devs tend to provide bursts of patches. I.e. the big rewrite for the DRM in the kernel kernel as of version 3.7 for all cards. And for example, mesa version 7 to 8 for the =<nv40 family of cards, they provided a whole new 3D driver which was based on the 3D driver from the nv50 and higher cards. Again, this was accompanied by a full rewrite of the driver in libdrm (v33->v34 if I'm not mistaken) which also affected all cards supported by nouveau. This happenned in a very short period of time.

Those were 'big' things. Now, they are working on dynamic clocking. Only after that, I think, it's useful to enable new mesa features.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
          Facts are hard, Chris doesn't work for Intel.
          Where does Michael stated that "fact" you are trying to counter? Chris obviously likes to work for Intel.

Comment

Maybe you guys are mistaken with Chris Wilson? (just sayin')

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
              Maybe you guys are mistaken with Chris Wilson? (just sayin')
              I mean, Chris likes to work for Intel, but he is not necessary employed by Intel. This is what I got from article. Not seeing any indice that he is employed by Intel.
              So.., it would be good if radeon could take advantage of that too. But with amount of funds going into fglrx instead, this is predictable.
              Last edited by brosis; 03 April 2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X