Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: Why Wayland & Weston Were Forked

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Europe/Moscow
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Wow, nice to see guys from X.Org troll team here.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21

    Thumbs up Defending Wayland Developers

    I think some people are just too impatient and want their ideas implemented. I want Wayland protocol to be done right, not rushed like some.

    I don't want another X protocol mess and it is VERY IMPORTANT we get this right and not screw up. X works right now and will continue to work. Wayland is our future to come and all these silly forks don't understand. Stop rushing the reference protocol implementation. I have full trust in the Wayland developers.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Europe/Moscow
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spstarr View Post
    I think some people are just too impatient and want their ideas implemented. I want Wayland protocol to be done right, not rushed like some.

    I don't want another X protocol mess and it is VERY IMPORTANT we get this right and not screw up. X works right now and will continue to work. Wayland is our future to come and all these silly forks don't understand. Stop rushing the reference protocol implementation. I have full trust in the Wayland developers.
    ...or Mir

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    Wow, nice to see guys from X.Org troll team here.
    You have to admit that FOSS wouldn't be half as fun as it is without the drama, Linus flaming airlied or other devs the bitching the moaning and the lot.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    Wow, nice to see guys from X.Org troll team here.
    You're one to speak... Listen, when you've done even 1/10th as much for Free Software as the X.Org devs, you might have a case, until then... keep your mouth shut and bend over for Shuttleworth.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Europe/Moscow
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee. View Post
    You're one to speak... Listen, when you've done even 1/10th as much for Free Software as the X.Org devs, you might have a case, until then... keep your mouth shut and bend over for Shuttleworth.
    Ooooh, sensing butthurt in here. Go back to kindergarten, basement dweller

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    Ooooh, sensing butthurt in here. Go back to kindergarten, basement dweller
    I'm glad this conversation is being conducted on a mature, adult level.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Hi All,

    Put it simple. If you fork the code and split off for any reasons then continue to aim for your respective goals and let the community at large decide on the better implementation when the time comes.

    When it comes to FOSS we are a diverse and passionate group of individuals all with differing views and opinions and mankind has to learn to respect others views even though they might not respect your own.
    Prove you are right not through words but through your actions and in this case your better code and project design theories. As the old saying goes, " Action speaks louder than words".

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spstarr View Post
    I think some people are just too impatient and want their ideas implemented. I want Wayland protocol to be done right, not rushed like some.

    I don't want another X protocol mess and it is VERY IMPORTANT we get this right and not screw up. X works right now and will continue to work. Wayland is our future to come and all these silly forks don't understand. Stop rushing the reference protocol implementation. I have full trust in the Wayland developers.
    According to the article, that's not the issue here. Northfield is an experimental project that focuses on Norwood and all the compositing capabilities that can be had by using the Wayland protocol. They don't want to rush the reference implementation or change the core protocol. They are just experimenting with a non-reference compositor. The rest of the changes are supposed to be just temporary measures to go around some technical limitations in Wayland, before the official versions of the changes are implemented. The main technical problem that Wayland developers have with this is that most of the workarounds shouldn't actually be necessary in the first place. The fact that they are trying to create another compositor itself is fine and a good thing.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default Technical filter

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    I'm glad this conversation is being conducted on a mature, adult level.
    It would be nice if one day someone could come up with a communication medium that automatically filters-in only technical discussion and filters-out the rest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •