• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
    can someone do the same for

jagged alliance 2

unreal
    I don't know if there was something for Unreal (apart from more or less official patches and additional renderers), but there was a project called Jagged Alliance Stracciatella once.

Comment

Awesome

Where would Linux gaming be without Ryan Gordon. Give the guy a hand.

Comment

I'm looking forward to giving this one a try at some point. Just finished the main portion of Postal 2 the other day and it was a lot of fun, even if it had some flaws. Down to the last few missions now on Sunday in the Apocalypse Weekend expansion. The expansion is shorter and a bit more linear than I would of liked, but still a fair bit of fun and insanity to be had. A few other Postal series fans I have talked to have highly recommended the first game, but the 3rd is almost universally reviled, so I don't mind that one not making it to Linux.

For those who don't own it yet, now is the time to get Postal 2, 66% off atm, but the sale is ending in about an hour and a half. I found it to totally be worth the ~$5 sales price, it took me about 24 hours to just get through the main storyline as I kept running around looking for secret areas and messing around with the townsfolk and robbing the bank every day, lol.

Comment

I suggest people actually learn more about Postal III if they are going to comment on it:

Particularly read the developers reactions section.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
            I suggest people actually learn more about Postal III if they are going to comment on it:

Particularly read the developers reactions section.
            I've actually read that before while considering buying Postal 2 and looking at the series as a whole. Just reread it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. It seems to say the same as most here have said, Postal 3 is a mess that shouldn't of happened and not worth buying.

RWS disowned it and refuse to endorse it or even sell it through their own site. They treat it as an unofficial spin-off of Postal 2 instead of as its proper successor. Also worth noting RWS seem intent to do another installment to the series in-house this time which I look forward to.

Akella's game has shown up on most major gaming sites' worst game lists. There will be nothing missed if they never get it ported and even if they do I have no plans to waste money on it.

Comment

There is actually a lot of depth here, and only the arrogant or ignorant refuse to see it.
              So the mini-game "Fag-hunter" in Postal 2: Complete is actually deep and not meant to offend? I enjoy urinating on cops and tossing molotovs at marching bands as much as the next guy, but your argument is just a tad ripe with the smell of bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                So the mini-game "Fag-hunter" in Postal 2: Complete is actually deep and not meant to offend? I enjoy urinating on cops and tossing molotovs at marching bands as much as the next guy, but your argument is just a tad ripe with the smell of bullshit.
                First off, do not lecture me on bullshit as I know about it far more than you do, being a farmer.

Second, that is not in any official RWS product, but rather a third-party mod. Even "hot coffee" had some developer input from the GTA guys, but Fag Hunter has nothing to do with RWS.

And of course there is the whole other issue that you do not have to piss on cops or toss molotovs, but that is a separate point.

EDIT: A good read on Postal, if anyone is up for it: http://web.archive.org/web/200502141...opic.php?t=629
                Last edited by Hamish Wilson; 29 March 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

First off, do not lecture me on bullshit as I know about it far more than you do, being a farmer.
                  That explains why you can't smell it.

Second, that is not in any official RWS product, but rather a third-party mod. Even "hot coffee" had some developer input from the GTA guys, but Fag Hunter has nothing to do with RWS.
                  Wow, they changed the name when they included it to get around store rules, just keep on shovelin', pal. Postal is not deep and to argue that it is tells us a lot about you as a person.

Just admit that it is incredibly fun to urinate on cops and light marching bands on fire, no one will think less of you.

Comment

Wow, they changed the name when they included it to get around store rules, just keep on shovelin', pal.
                    What are you on about? It was included in the AWP mod, which was not made by RWS. Now, you can say that it was included in the Fudge Pack, but RWS specifically labelled that those were fan made productions and do not reflect them. You keep digging yourself.

Postal is not deep and to argue that it is tells us a lot about you as a person. Just admit that it is incredibly fun to urinate on cops and light marching bands on fire, no one will think less of you.
                    I never said it wasn't. What I did say, and still maintain, is that there is is still more to Postal, especially with the social satire parts in Postal 2 and the idea of getting into a killers head, which is especially prominent in Postal 1. You are just being deliberate dense if you people can say that Half-Life is art but Postal has nothing to offer other than bashing cops on the head (which is still fun).

Comment

Fwiw, the "Fag Hunter" arcade machine was patched out after the original retail release, because RWS decided it went too far. It wasn't a mini-game, just a texture on an arcade machine. Is it really there in the Steam version? If it's really back, let me know and I'll remove it today.

Also, "deep" and "offensive" aren't mutually exclusive. Lots of Postal 2 is _definitely_ offensive, but I feel that a lot of it works as commentary on modern life, pop culture, politics, and media.

Postal 1 is clearly less interested in these things. It's strange to think about Postal 2 being a more mature piece of art, but there it is.

--ryan.
                      Last edited by icculus; 30 March 2013, 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Comment

Working...
                      X