Heavily-Upgraded Postal Hits Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    So what was upgraded about it? High res textures? Improved rendering engine? Or is this just a compatibility update to keep it running on modern systems?
    Steam Achievements, we render through OpenGL to get higher resolutions and Steam Overlay support, updated Windows/Linux/Mac ports, bug fixes, other small things. We're still planning to add widescreen support, Big Picture Mode stuff, game controller support, etc.

Eventually we'll be adding achievements and other upgrades to Postal 2, too, but we wanted to put some initial effort into Postal 1 to make it more modern before shipping it on Steam.

--ryan.

Comment

Sweet, didn't expect to see achieves for either of these titles, that is definitely something to look forward to. Haven't played the first one yet, but it does really look like the sort of game I would want to play with a controller, so that is greatly appreciated as well. Thanks for all the work you are doing on these and other titles, Ryan.

Comment

@Icculus

Do you plan to make updates for LGP version of Postal2?

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
          @Icculus

Do you plan to make updates for LGP version of Postal2?
          No. We can probably get you a free Steam key, though.

--ryan.

Comment

Just show a proof of purchase to Toploader over at RWS and you should get a Steam/Desura key.

I had been told that when pertinent some of the updates for the Steam releases would end up on Desura (obviously not the Steamworks integration, but some of the bug fixes). Do you know anything about that Ryan, or would I be better off asking Toploader about that again? I opt out of Steam but gladly bought the games on Desura after they were released there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
              Just show a proof of purchase to Toploader over at RWS and you should get a Steam/Desura key.

I had been told that when pertinent some of the updates for the Steam releases would end up on Desura (obviously not the Steamworks integration, but some of the bug fixes). Do you know anything about that Ryan, or would I be better off asking Toploader about that again? I opt out of Steam but gladly bought the games on Desura after they were released there.
              My focus has been on Steam. I might dump out a build with Steamworks disabled and let Toploader mess with Desura, but I'm not promising anything on his behalf, and I definitely won't do this while we're still adding improvements, or all the Desura people will get angry when a feature is added to the Steam build but hasn't migrated over yet.

Honestly, each custom build I have to make for another distributor is less time I have to make real improvements to the game. It's a problem every game developer faces, and Desura has to really start making it compelling for developers to target them, or they're going to get (ahem) steamrolled.

--ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by icculus View Post
                Honestly, each custom build I have to make for another distributor is less time I have to make real improvements to the game. It's a problem every game developer faces, and Desura has to really start making it compelling for developers to target them, or they're going to get (ahem) steamrolled.
                Well, for the longest time what Desura did that Steam wouldn't was actually selling Postal...

Comment

+1 for having it on Desura as well (when it's done, no need to slow you down in the development, just don't keep the wide-screen support Steam exclusive).

Comment

You can actually get that by using the latest version of the AWP mod with it, although that is not as good as what is done in the Steam version as they have improved it since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                      Now, you can say that it was included in the Fudge Pack, but RWS specifically labelled that those were fan made productions and do not reflect them. You keep digging yourself.
                      It's being offensive for the sake of being offensive.

You are just being deliberate dense if you people can say that Half-Life is art but Postal has nothing to offer other than bashing cops on the head (which is still fun).
                      This is art:

These are piles of dirt:

Please, learn to tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X