Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Driver Posted Today (March 27, 2013)....called a "performance" driver for 7790?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Driver Posted Today (March 27, 2013)....called a "performance" driver for 7790?

Not that I'm complaining about more releases or anything...
    but is a "performance" driver a "beta" driver, or more of a "certified" driver (such as the Maya and 3dmax drivers)?

Source:

Originally posted by rinthos View Post
    Not that I'm complaining about more releases or anything...
    but is a "performance" driver a "beta" driver, or more of a "certified" driver (such as the Maya and 3dmax drivers)?

Source:
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...nceDriver.aspx
    It's a beta driver fusioning support for the new Radeon HD 7790 with some of the recent improvements of Catalyst 13.2/13.3. The Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3 is newer.

Comment

Originally posted by rinthos View Post
      is a "performance" driver a "beta" driver, or more of a "certified" driver (such as the Maya and 3dmax drivers)?
      More of a beta, I think. The HD 7790 is a consumer SKU so I wouldn't expect it to get the workstation app certifications anyways.
      Test signature

Comment

All these new categories of drivers, makes it a bit difficult to figure out what I actually care about.

Thankfully forums like these always seem to quickly provide the answers.

Thanks again to both of you for clarifying the term and purpose. Doesn't seem like these are of any concern to me after all, so this saves me a decent amount of time. Much appreciated.
        ---

Comment

Working...
        X