Where is the fglrx documentation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the fglrx documentation?

Has anyone compiled a full list of fglrx options that can be used in xorg.conf, and their functions?

This guy seems to think you can get the X server to give you a full listing, but doesn't explain how: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2.../msg01172.html

Other than the wiki at http://wiki.cchtml.com/, what documentation is there?

Code:
    $ aticonfig --help
    thought it doesn't help for everything, it does generate a lot of output. There could be some more documentation on modules and options for xorg.conf with fglrx, IMO, despite this telling you how to get the fglrx driver to do quite a lot with the aticongfig command.

Comment

Thanks, that is a good start!

The aticonfig options are different in many ways from the full list of what's available for configuration in xorg.conf. Does anyone have the full list of those?

Comment

Comment

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Comment

Try this:

Comment

Is the data in these documents even valid anymore? They date Jan 2007.

I'm busy trying to hunt an issue with pbuffer support in World of Warcraft. The doc's are the only place I've seen mention pbuffers.

Comment

bridgman, could you help us in this one? Community needs documentation, since the last man page update dates from last year, and it's clearly outdated...

Comment

I was just wondering the same thing, so I probed fglrx_drv.so (the driver binary) (Catalyst 8.3) for options. After a little filtering, I got this list. Unfortunately, that's only options, no explanation.

(For the curious, here's the command I used:
                  Code:
                  strings /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so | grep -nE "[a-zA-Z]{3,}"
                  The options, for me, started on line 11534.)

Comment

So where are the docs?? Is "aticonfig --help" really the extent of ATI's efforts to document how one actually configures ATI hardware?? Another slap in the face from AMD/ATI.

Comment

Working...
                    X