Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRIME Sharing Comes To GLAMOR

Phoronix: PRIME Sharing Comes To GLAMOR

Michel D?nzer of AMD has provided a patch so that PRIME multi-GPU sharing will work with the GLAMOR 2D acceleration architecture, as needed for the Radeon HD 7000 series support and optionally for other generations of AMD and Intel GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If i may offer a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to compare EXA vs GLAMOR performance with r600g/r300g hardware, now that both options are available to r300+ users.

Comment

What is the state of Prime? What driver combos can be used? How about power management and dynamic switching? Are we anywhere near TBP (The bumblebee Project) achievements yet with true support via Prime?

Comment

HD 7970M with intel 4000 works, even with sna.

I have found this:

It seems to automatically power the card off with vgaswitcheroo when nothing is rendered on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          HD 7970M with intel 4000 works, even with sna.

I have found this:

It seems to automatically power the card off with vgaswitcheroo when nothing is rendered on it.
          Is that with the OSS drivers only, or with the prop. driver and OSS intel driver?

Comment

All open source. The proprietary amd driver has its own support for it too, not using prime, but it is in my experience buggy and doesn't allow completely powering off the radeon card.
            Last edited by ChrisXY; 22 March 2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              Is that with the OSS drivers only, or with the prop. driver and OSS intel driver?
              only for OSS drivers
              intel + nouveau
              intel + r600g/r300g/radeonSI

Now thechnically Nvidia and Fglrx could use it but due to licence it seems their will not for a while

Comment

It already should be: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTMwMjI

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                  If i may offer a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to compare EXA vs GLAMOR performance with r600g/r300g hardware, now that both options are available to r300+ users.
                  I think this has been done on ickle's site.
                  IIRC, it is something of awash, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                  X