Trying to install ET but getting error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to install ET but getting error

getting write permission error " no write permission to usr/local/games" how can I fix this? DOH ok forget it I figured it out
    it was sudo sh et-linux-2.60.x86.run man I am such a noob but I am learning
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 19 February 2008, 02:13 PM.

Originally posted by Paroxysm View Post
    getting write permission error " no write permission to usr/local/games" how can I fix this? DOH ok forget it I figured it out
    it was sudo sh et-linux-2.60.x86.run man I am such a noob but I am learning
    There ya go. Now, if you can just wean yourself off of the Warez, you'll have it made.

Comment

lol now I have no Punk buster GUID so I can't play on any servers

Comment

I suggest a little googling and reading:

i have the following messages in enemy territory's console at startup(pressing ~ at startup): PunkBuster Client: PunkBuster Client: (V1.152 | A0) Ebavked PunkBuster Client: Gane Version what's my problem: when i connect to a server it is fine until i join the game and play a bit then i have this error: Server Disconnected - has been kicked via PunkBuster (for 1 minute) ... Violation (GAME INTEGRITY) #20004

The first is an Ubuntu-centric discussion on the subject of straightening out problems with PunkBuster and Linux use for legitimate owners of titles. The second is a link over to PunksBusted where there's an ongoing discussion on the subject.

Comment

Glad you are doing things the right way.

Comment

Weird, I had no problems with PB :s

Comment

lol it ended up being Moblock blocking pb also I didn't realize that there are two et folders I had it running great sound ( after messing around) and everything but then I rebooted now I have no sound at all I checked the volume control and it shows my sound card and everything is ticked not sure whats going on I would understand if it was just ET but now everything thats strange I did a little reading at the Ubuntu forums but nothing there seems to be working for me

Comment

Okay... that was a little confusing.

Can you describe the problems affecting you right now as clearly as possible?

Comment

I have no sound what so ever

Comment

Do you use alsa or OSS in your game?

Comment

Working...
                    X