Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Is Getting Ported To Linux

Phoronix: Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Is Getting Ported To Linux

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is one of the newest game titles being ported to Linux that's worth mentioning and is being distributed via Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Niiiice! When this came out we would play non stop in our high schools computer lab.

Comment

2013: the year linux gaming ruined my life DD

Comment

It's worth mentioning that we already have eduke32 for playing Duke Nukem 3D on Linux, both with the original appearance and with enhanced graphics.

Comment

He, I actually made a few of the graphics improvements in the HRP pack

Comment

Ironically the eduke32 Gentoo ebuild bug report has been seeing a lot of activity this past week and I think it may hit the Portage tree very soon. I think it looks better than this new port.

Comment

The steam version can plays in classic mode via DOSbox, as well as a OpenGL rendere.

Comment

When will I be able to get the old school Duke Nukem 2D games?

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                  When will I be able to get the old school Duke Nukem 2D games?
                  Right now off of gog http://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_12 and then just run them in dosbox, I seriously wouldn't hold my breath for anything more than a dosbox'ed version assuming that Id/Apogee even still has that code.

Manhattan Project might be something they'd port though.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                    Right now off of gog http://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_12 and then just run them in dosbox, I seriously wouldn't hold my breath for anything more than a dosbox'ed version assuming that Id/Apogee even still has that code.

Manhattan Project might be something they'd port though.
                    id/apogee? Isnt it 3d Realms?

Comment

Working...
                    X