Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using compiz implies OpenGL applications not to work properly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone confirm that indirect rendering takes care of the flickering problem? I am developing a low-level opengl library (OpenTK) which offers the option to select direct/indirect rendering, and as far as I can see both flicker. I may be doing something wrong, though (not using glXIsDirect to check at this point).

This is X1950 Pro / fglrx 8.2 on Ubuntu 7.10 x86_64.
    Last edited by BlackStar; 26 February 2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I use XGL+compiz and i still manage to run fullscreen OpenGL applications. My graphics chipset is the ATI XPress 200. Im using fglrx version 8.37.6 (it doesnt have AIGLX support. Compiz is too slow on the new drivers with AIGLX). XGL runs on display 1 and hence, glxinfo tells me i don't have Direct rendering while im in XGL. However display 0 does have direct rendering as there is no XGL in between. So if i run

$export DISPLAY=0:0

in terminal, then glxinfo tells me i have Direct rendering despite the fact that I'm in XGL and compiz IS running. And if i run an opengl game like ppracer or open-arena from that terminal it works just fine without any flicker. This method has quenched my thirst for flawless AIGLX support from ATI for the time being
      Last edited by rajiv_nair; 27 February 2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I have fglrx 8.02 release. I've found out that there is no flickering in planet penguin racer while compiz is running ONLY if the resolution of ppracer is the same as the desktop resolution.

I hope this'll help developers in fixing this bug...

Comment

Working...
        X