Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Open-Source Support For AMD "Richland" APUs

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
    So who here has a Trinity APU based laptop and does suspend/hibernate work for you? My Asus N56DP never comes back from suspend successfully, the display never turns on. (But the system is awake, you can ssh into it, etc.)

    I'm wondering if any of this new Richland support will also make Trinity behave better.
    The 3.10 kernel contains a couple of Radeon suspend/resume fixes which might help.

    Also make sure you have the latest BIOS update available at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pport_Download
    One of the BIOS updates listed there mentions "Fix S4 Resume fail".

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
    So who here has a Trinity APU based laptop and does suspend/hibernate work for you? My Asus N56DP never comes back from suspend successfully, the display never turns on. (But the system is awake, you can ssh into it, etc.)

    I'm wondering if any of this new Richland support will also make Trinity behave better.
    I think you need to mess with some package, I think its called radeon-tool or something. This tool can powerup the display and must be configured to be called. I forgot how its done, but I had *same*? problem with Xi 1554 - and that solved it.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbiologist View Post
    The 3.10 kernel contains a couple of Radeon suspend/resume fixes which might help.

    Also make sure you have the latest BIOS update available at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pport_Download
    One of the BIOS updates listed there mentions "Fix S4 Resume fail".
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked, and I've already got BIOS 214, which is the latest on the download site.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brosis View Post
    I think you need to mess with some package, I think its called radeon-tool or something. This tool can powerup the display and must be configured to be called. I forgot how its done, but I had *same*? problem with Xi 1554 - and that solved it.
    OK, I'll search for this, thanks for the hint.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •