No announcement yet.

Mesa Looks To Take Use Of C11 Threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, its like 99% of people doesnt know and gives zero faks about "hardware acceleration in web browsers" and stuff like that, so yeah, but from other side, everything is perfect without that sh1t, its not like this world is full of retards, who have celeron 100 mhz processors with geforce 9999gtx turbo, that someone must have stuff like that in browsers
    Second, windows xp is very old os, there was vista, win 7, win 8 released after it, so people with at least one eye must see, that ms is actively doing everything only for newest os. But windows still gets very long support compared to most linux distributions that i know, like ubuntu, which when released new version, then at the same time it becomes old, because everything in it is old, and with updater you can only gets a few security updates and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by startzz View Post
      Its not like this world is full of retards, who have celeron 100 mhz processors with geforce 9999gtx turbo
      I looked down at my Pentium D/HD7770 combination, and cringed.

*Hopefully I can get hold of an i5 sometime this year, and have a balanced system again

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
        It also unfortunately requires the multi-process architecture (good for PC, non-starter for consoles)
        Require? I thought that Chrome could put everything in the same process if you changed its command line option.

Comment

Originally posted by renox View Post
          Require? I thought that Chrome could put everything in the same process if you changed its command line option.
          Yep, it even starts doing it automatically if you open enough tabs. I think by default it limits it to 30 some processes max. Although it's probably fair to say Chrome doesn't optimize for such a scenario, so other browsers are probably better options if that's what you want to do.
          Last edited by smitty3268; 19 March 2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
            Logic fail. Linux and OSX are not going EOL (that means "end of line") next year. It's pointless to focus on XP users since the OS will stop being supported next year.
            Logic fail. Why should Chrome care at all about whether the underlying operating system is supported or not. The only thing they (should) care about is whether users want to run their program there or not.

Also, EOL means "end of life", not line.
            Last edited by smitty3268; 19 March 2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Working...
              X