Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 vs. AMD Radeon Graphics On Linux

Default Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 vs. AMD Radeon Graphics On Linux

Phoronix: Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 vs. AMD Radeon Graphics On Linux

Already published on Phoronix have been Intel HD Graphics 4600 benchmarks on Ubuntu Linux from the Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" processor and compared against previous generations of Intel HD Graphics. Being benchmarked today is the Intel HD Graphics 4600 on Linux compared against various AMD Radeon graphics cards using both the open and closed-source graphics drivers.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18794

Again only the old 3d Applications ....

It would be interesting to see AMD Richland compared as well, to get a comparison against the integrated graphics of Intel's competitor.

Also, OpenCL.

R600sb not used yet again. I think the benchmarks would be more worthwhile if you enabled it for the cards that support it.

I do not understand anything. Are all those AMD discrete cards? Where are the APU's?

Quote Originally Posted by sykobee View Post
    It would be interesting to see AMD Richland compared as well, to get a comparison against the integrated graphics of Intel's competitor.
    If only AMD would send out the hardware...

Quote Originally Posted by sykobee View Post
    Also, OpenCL.
    Intel OpenCL (Beignet) really doesn't work yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Nille View Post
    Again only the old 3d Applications ....
    TIL Xonotic is an old 3D application.

So it looks like for an open source solution, the Ivy "R" CPUs might be the best choice overall, with the 5200.

Great article! Its nice to see how the OSS radeon gfx are fast approaching speed parity with the closed-source solution. One thing that would be interesting is a compatibility test between OSS & Closed Drivers on Radeon. On Ubuntu 13.04, I tried the OSS drivers on my 4670 card, and was very dismayed that many games were just not compatible with it (ie. would crash or just not load), especially many of the HiB games as well as many Wine games.

Beautifu, thanksl! I know you don't have an a10-6800k handy, but i would be nice to compare Haswell against with the Radeon HD 7660D from the AMD APUs, perhaps against the a10-5800k. Same thing: open source and closed source, for Catalyst

It is great to see how the open source stack progressed for AMD, though Intel is ways ahead (it is fast, and rich in features, I think that made my choice for my next processor, since I only need moderate graphics, and an APU is enough - i5 haswell seems to hit the spot for me).