Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Now On Linux

Phoronix: Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Now On Linux

One day after Day of Defeat was released for Linux, Valve has made Half-Life 2: Deathmatch available via the Steam Linux client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It did appear indeed, but the download is empty here, at least for now...

Comment

What a tease, releasing Deathmatch before Half-life 2. Even if it is an old game at this point I still haven't had a chance to play Half-life 2 yet. After having finally played the first game I am now really looking foward to playing the second through. I do hope they do a Half-Life franchise sale soon though, as I wouldn't mind trying some of the various spin-off games like this that have been popping up with ports lately.

Comment

It's availabe now, beta version.

Comment

Originally posted by IanS View Post
          What a tease, releasing Deathmatch before Half-life 2. Even if it is an old game at this point I still haven't had a chance to play Half-life 2 yet. After having finally played the first game I am now really looking foward to playing the second through. I do hope they do a Half-Life franchise sale soon though, as I wouldn't mind trying some of the various spin-off games like this that have been popping up with ports lately.
          HL2 is a good game. I finally finished it a couple months ago.

I have yet to play Ep One and Ep Two.

Comment

Downloading.

But every time a new item pops up in my library, for a split second I hope it's gonna be CS:GO :-P

Comment

Great news. I just played through the original Half-Life on Linux (never did finish it years ago). It going to be nice to be able to play through HL2 and episodes on Linux. Those really are some of the best games of the last decade. Not to turn this into one of those stupid Half-Life 3/ep3 threads, but the massive cliffhanger at the end of Episode 2 really leaves you wanting more. The amount of passion people have for #3 is really a testament to how how awesome a universe these games created. If Valve ever wanted to sell a Steam Box, episode 3 would be the game to do it. I just think that maybe it's been so long since people have played HL2, they might be missing their prime time.

Comment

OK, it's down. I fired it up aaand... there are no servers. It only lists one. In the whole world. With no players in it. Nobody plays this game anymore. I must admit that's kinda useless :-P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  OK, it's down. I fired it up aaand... there are no servers. It only lists one. In the whole world. With no players in it. Nobody plays this game anymore. I must admit that's kinda useless :-P
                  There are people still playing the game*, you don't see servers because the Linux version is in beta and the active servers need to be updated. So, we will have to wait until Valve eventually makes the beta public for Windows users.

* http://www.gametracker.com/search/?s...hipp=50#search

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Sadly, it was a similar scenario with DoD 1.6. Almost no people playing.
                    On the very first server I found and joined, someone promptly exclaimed they were on Linux as well.

I really don't understand though, DoD is a great game and I always loved to play it.

Comment

Working...
                    X