Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Qt 5.1 Being Prepped For Release

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,126

    Default Qt 5.1 Being Prepped For Release

    Phoronix: Qt 5.1 Being Prepped For Release

    The release of Qt 5.1 isn't too far out now...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzMDk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    145

    Default Questions that I wanna ask

    Hi there! Its exciting news. I've some questions that I'd like to ask to people out there with android development experience. Beforehand I'd say that I've no experience with java and do not plan to get into it.

    1. I develop javascript/HTML and php/mysql applications for web mainly and I've some experience with c++/qt4.x. Does qt5 have web-like UI interfaces that I'd use to easily develop android applications?
    2. Can Qt5 on android gain momentum and become a viable alternative to other frameworks? (can I eat bread with it?)
    3. Does using opengl with qt make it easier to develop android apps with GL?
    4. Will I have to write some parts of the application in java or is it pure C++11/Qt awesomeness that just works dude on android?

    Thank you in advance for your answers!
    Last edited by glxextxexlg; 03-19-2013 at 05:21 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glxextxexlg View Post
    1. I develop javascript/HTML and php/mysql applications for web mainly and I've some experience with c++/qt4.x. Does qt5 have web-like UI interfaces that I'd use to easily develop android applications?
    http://qt.digia.com/Product/qt-quick/
    https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qt...ick-index.html

    Quote Originally Posted by glxextxexlg View Post
    2. Can Qt5 on android gain momentum and become a viable alternative to other frameworks? (can I eat bread with it?)
    Qt for Android, despite its pre-release nature, is already in use for many applications.
    Whether someone buys your proprietary apps, I can't tell. I won't.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    145

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glxextxexlg View Post
    4. Will I have to write some parts of the application in java or is it pure C++11/Qt awesomeness that just works dude on android?
    since the others haven't addressed this one I'll address it:
    yes You can do it in pure C++11/Qt

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •