Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: KDE SC 4.11 Planned For Release In Mid-August

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckula View Post
    P.S. --> Hey Larabel, wanna have me turn off Adblock? Get rid of morons like funkSTAR.
    The irony about your statement is funkSTAR posts so often I instinctively know to ignore them, just like ads.


    You know what's more ironic? Everyone here seems to hate funkSTAR but so far nearly every post on this article is about him, and he hasnt even posted yet.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwat47 View Post
    I'm really anticipating this release since it will finally fix tearing on intel with kwin: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307965 meaning I can finally switch to kde
    Fixed? What?

    Everybody knows that the KDE team never fixes any bugs. Several Phoronix forum members will attest to it!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
    Fixed? What?

    Everybody knows that the KDE team never fixes any bugs. Several Phoronix forum members will attest to it!

    I only have tearing on flash, with kde 4.10,chakra and intel hd4000

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwat47 View Post
    I'm really anticipating this release since it will finally fix tearing on intel with kwin: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307965 meaning I can finally switch to kde
    KDE's Workspaces work with other WMs as well, you know…

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandev92 View Post
    I only have tearing on flash, with kde 4.10,chakra and intel hd4000
    With intel hd4000 and kwin even with vsync on in kwin you *will* get tearing on any fullscreen video (near the top inch or so of the screen) no matter what. You won't notice much tearing moving windows around and such since it only occurs at the top, but I find is very annoying to the point of being a deal-breaker when watching fullscreen video.
    Last edited by bwat47; 03-13-2013 at 07:43 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    484

    Default

    I have nothing but the utmost respect for Albert Alstals Cid. The way he runs the Poppler project and quality of work that has been going into it for a solid two years is top knotch.

    Too bad he isn't the public leader for KDE. I find their current leader obnoxious and his idea of plasma to be even more so.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    Too bad he isn't the public leader for KDE. I find their current leader obnoxious and his idea of plasma to be even more so.
    Aaron is far from the "public leader for KDE". He is solely and exclusively the plasma maintainer. He has no control, and in fact very little influence, on any other part of KDE.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Will the task manager be rewritten for 4.11? Please tell me it will.
    Actually that's true, it really does need to be re-written. I'd say it's one of the most faulty programs in KDE.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Will the task manager be rewritten for 4.11? Please tell me it will.
    It was supposed to be rewritten for 4.10 but wasnt finished in time, so yes-- as of right now its set for 4.11

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •