KDE SC 4.11 Planned For Release In Mid-August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
    P.S. --> Hey Larabel, wanna have me turn off Adblock? Get rid of morons like funkSTAR.
    The irony about your statement is funkSTAR posts so often I instinctively know to ignore them, just like ads.

You know what's more ironic? Everyone here seems to hate funkSTAR but so far nearly every post on this article is about him, and he hasnt even posted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
      I'm really anticipating this release since it will finally fix tearing on intel with kwin: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307965 meaning I can finally switch to kde
      Fixed? What?

Everybody knows that the KDE team never fixes any bugs. Several Phoronix forum members will attest to it!

Comment

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
        Fixed? What?

Everybody knows that the KDE team never fixes any bugs. Several Phoronix forum members will attest to it!

I only have tearing on flash, with kde 4.10,chakra and intel hd4000

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
          I'm really anticipating this release since it will finally fix tearing on intel with kwin: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307965 meaning I can finally switch to kde
          KDE's Workspaces work with other WMs as well, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
            I only have tearing on flash, with kde 4.10,chakra and intel hd4000
            With intel hd4000 and kwin even with vsync on in kwin you *will* get tearing on any fullscreen video (near the top inch or so of the screen) no matter what. You won't notice much tearing moving windows around and such since it only occurs at the top, but I find is very annoying to the point of being a deal-breaker when watching fullscreen video.
            Last edited by bwat47; 13 March 2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Albert Alstals Cid. The way he runs the Poppler project and quality of work that has been going into it for a solid two years is top knotch.

Too bad he isn't the public leader for KDE. I find their current leader obnoxious and his idea of plasma to be even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                Too bad he isn't the public leader for KDE. I find their current leader obnoxious and his idea of plasma to be even more so.
                Aaron is far from the "public leader for KDE". He is solely and exclusively the plasma maintainer. He has no control, and in fact very little influence, on any other part of KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                  Will the task manager be rewritten for 4.11? Please tell me it will.
                  Actually that's true, it really does need to be re-written. I'd say it's one of the most faulty programs in KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                    Will the task manager be rewritten for 4.11? Please tell me it will.
                    It was supposed to be rewritten for 4.10 but wasnt finished in time, so yes-- as of right now its set for 4.11
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X