No announcement yet.

Xv accelerated video scaling problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel frustrated... my ati X1300 can't play a single video without dropping frames.... Opengl output works, but frames are skipped as hell... Hope that the new drivers next month will fix that...

Comment

As I said in the "future" thread... I've tested with the latest build of mplayer, both standalone and with the SMplayer front end. I've tried all of the TexturedVideo, TexturedVideoSync, Textured2D, TexturedXrender, and BackingStore options in xorg.conf. No change with any of the above.

Xv is simply not running yet on the R5xx parts. Hopefully the next revision of fglrx will include support for Xv video acceleration on these cards.

Comment

Big news! As of 2/24, the xf86-video-ati dev team have just implemented TexturedVideo support for the R100, R200, R300, R400, R500, and RS600 (including RS690) cards!

This should enable Xv acceleration on the newer cards, like mine. Great news.

Discussion of this change at http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7997

Here's the current running "latest changes" for the OSS driver: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/

Comment

big difference

Originally posted by sloggerKhan View Post
          GLXgears isn't really a true benchmark, but I'd think on any recent ati cards your fps should be several thousand @ the default window size.

Code:
          $ glxgears 
          22006 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4401.199 FPS
          22043 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4408.416 FPS
          is mine on an x700 mobility 128mb.
          Wow, doesn't seem like there should be a 7-8 times difference in rendering speed.

Comment

LOL @ ATI/AMD... Open drivers already support Xv accel perfectly... Shame on you guys... I can only say two words: CODE MERGING!

Comment

Come on linzerd... don't be too harsh. They're working on full 3D acceleration, of which TexturedVideo is only a portion.

Also, I wouldn't be too quick to say that the open drivers support Xv "perfectly"... it is certainly not that yet, and the degree to which the feature implementation becomes robust and efficient remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
              X