No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Benchmarks On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My regards for volunteering for this high-priced piece of silica.

But - as others already said, useless due to the lack of reference values.

What about OpenCL benchmarks? This expensive GPU is supposed to be more adequate for numerical research and number crunching than simple OpenGL-stuff and therefore I'd have expected some benchmarks regarding this. It would be nice to see the performance of OpenCL versus CUDA - which I suspect very bad for OpenCL, since the BLOB does by intention cripple the OpenCL.

The competitor in numerical applications/GPGPU would be AMD's GCN architecture in it incarnation HD7970 and for what I saw in the net, Kepler II/GK110 as TITAN is only by 30% faster than the most recent GCN on the GHz-editions of the HD7970. Power consumption on maximum load, minimum load, idle et cetera.

I'm sorry to say that, but having only a web-google-searchable tag "TITAN" or "benchmark" seems to be the only reason for this article to raise the hit marks on this site!

But anyway, my appreciation to the "benchmark apprentice" for buying the silica.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisnefaust View Post
      My regards for volunteering for this high-priced piece of silica.
      I bought it for personal uses.

But - as others already said, useless due to the lack of reference values.
      As I said before you are perfectly capable of comparing it to your own setup which will be more relevant to you then numbers crunched on another system.

What about OpenCL benchmarks? This expensive GPU is supposed to be more adequate for numerical research and number crunching than simple OpenGL-stuff and therefore I'd have expected some benchmarks regarding this.
      Oh I will be running a lot of GPGPU on the card, it was purchased primarily for CUDA development. Even then however I am going to be moving it into a Z77 board before to long as the board it is on with only PCI-e 2 stiffles the performance of computing the large data sets that I use.

It would be nice to see the performance of OpenCL versus CUDA - which I suspect very bad for OpenCL, since the BLOB does by intention cripple the OpenCL.
      If there is a great difference between CUDA and openCL it would be from lack of optimization of the code for the device. The "crippling" of openCL remark is pure FUD however going from previous Cuda -- openCL ports experience with previous generations of CUDA/openCL cards.

The competitor in numerical applications/GPGPU would be AMD's GCN architecture in it incarnation HD7970 and for what I saw in the net, Kepler II/GK110 as TITAN is only by 30% faster than the most recent GCN on the GHz-editions of the HD7970. Power consumption on maximum load, minimum load, idle et cetera.
      Wouldn't be able to tell you that as I do not have any GCN cards nor plan on purchasing any.
      Last edited by deanjo; 12 March 2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X