Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Benchmarks On Linux

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Benchmarks On Linux

Here's some of the first OpenGL benchmarks of the ultra high-end $999 (USD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN running on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Sadly, with an uncooperative NVIDIA PR/marketing department

Comment

TF2 with all the eyecandy cranked to the max @ 2560x1440 (vsync disabled) using Kano's benchmark script.

3824 frames 14.299 seconds 267.43 fps ( 3.74 ms/f) 26.501 fps variability

Now come on Valve, bring me some L4D2 loving.

Comment

Useless benchmark

With nothing to compare against, this benchmark is useless!

No reference values.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          With nothing to compare against, this benchmark is useless!

No reference values.
          Through the Phoronix Test Suite you can see how your system compares by simply running phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1303113-FO-GEFORCETI80
          Feel free to use it as the reference on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Through the Phoronix Test Suite you can see how your system compares by simply running phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1303113-FO-GEFORCETI80
            Feel free to use it as the reference on your own.
            So I am going to compare it against benchmarks on my computer which is an entirerly different system with a different CPU of a different generation, running a different Linux distribution compiled with a different version of the compiler, running a different version of the kernel, X.org Server, and device drivers?

The results will say nothing and be completely useless for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              So I am going to compare it against benchmarks on my computer which is an entirerly different system with a different CPU of a different generation, running a different Linux distribution compiled with a different version of the compiler, running a different version of the kernel, X.org Server, and device drivers?

The results will say nothing and be completely useless for comparison.
              So instead you expect me to pull apart my system, on my own time, for zero reason of benefiting me except to appease your laziness. Since I cannot replicate your system anyways any comparison would be meaningless as well as the differences on my systems may not be parallel to differences you would see on your own. You want a comparison, it's about 2x + faster then the GTX-580 it replaced pretty much across the board.

Comment

For heaven's sake, just write $1000. What's with the $999 nonsense? Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  I'm Canadian, make that 1 kilodollar and I will agree.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    But don't you see!? $999.99 is SO much cheaper then $1000! I have hated the 99 thing my whole life. It's like change, add sales taxes to your list price and round to the nearest dollar.

Comment

Working...
                    X