XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
    Should be the same regardless of whether you have a CRT or LCD. Why would you want your desktop running at a lower resolution than a game? If you want to run a game at 1600x1200 or more, it should be reasonable to expect you to want your desktop at that resolution too. The desktop environment should be smart enough to scale elements and text to fit the higher resolution, if that is the concern. I couldn't imagine any other reason not to, anyway.
    It's the other way around - say the desktop is 1600x1200 but you want to game at 1024. The look is different with native 1024 vs gpu-scaled-1024-to-1600.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      It's the other way around - say the desktop is 1600x1200 but you want to game at 1024. The look is different with native 1024 vs gpu-scaled-1024-to-1600.
      you mean 1024 plus black borders?
      If not, I don't get how 1024 drawn pixels on a 1600 screen grid pixels can look any different than 1024 drawn pixels on a 1600 screen grid pixels.

Comment

so can u tell me what are the configuration are there for resolution

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
          you mean 1024 plus black borders?
          If not, I don't get how 1024 drawn pixels on a 1600 screen grid pixels can look any different than 1024 drawn pixels on a 1600 screen grid pixels.
          No, I mean native resolution for both. CRTs are capable of that you know

When running at native 1024, there is no stretching that always occurs when you scale to something not exactly 2x.

Comment

You could get a second display and set it to 1024 for gaming, and have it turned off most of the time or used for other misc. tasks.

(struggling to find a real solution for your problem)

Comment

Has the situation changed?
              Nobody seems to care or think about refresh rates.
              Changing refresh rate may be the only way to have smooth playback depending on the source video fps without hogging the cpu in doing heavy calculations for motion compensation or lowering the video quality via frame blending.

Comment

Working...
              X