Quote Originally Posted by talvik View Post
Well I working with what you've wrote. You've said "EGL + extensions are what is needed to support Wayland", so doesn't nvidia have to support those "extensions" for it work?
they're apart of the specification.

Canonical wants nVidia to add *additional* extensions in order for Mir to be able to have the features mentioned in the blog by Thomas (which Wayland already supports, using the existing EGL implementation).

Quote Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
So Wayland does not need extensions? that would reassure me a lot. Do you have some sources where the driver/EGL requirements are for Wayland? I googled quickly, but couldn't make it clear.
Wayland doesn't need the extensions that Canonical/Mir developers are trying to get into EGL, afaict.

There is another thread here in the forums (relating to Mir/Wayland) where an Xorg/Wayland developer (or two) mentioned that all Wayland needs is a proper EGL implementation, if i remember correctly, he also said the nvidia driver wouldn't need KMS either - just EGL/extensions (but not the extensions that Thomas/Mir-dev is talknig about - since they aren't (currently?) apart of the EGL specification.