Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:CZ Official; More Valve Games Coming To Linux

Phoronix: CS:CZ Official; More Valve Games Coming To Linux

Valve has shared that they're now official up to 80 Linux games that are available through the native Steam Linux client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great game. I still play it. Same mechanics as CS 1.6 but with added bots and optional higher resolution models and touched up maps. The old, untouched maps are there as well. The single point of suckage for this game was the addition of the riot shield. Whoever's responsible for that must have been on crack >.<

Waiting for CS:GO. Already got it for Windows, but rebooting always sucks. I want GO on Linux dammit! Now! :-)

Comment

Still waiting for DOTA 2. Hopefully it'll be the next game they port, it's already the most popular one on Steam and the amount of players continues to grow rapidly (50k in the last month alone, as far as I know). Also it's still in Beta, so it's under heavy development anyway.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of CS (though I'm currently becoming obsessive of it in 'Gun Game' mode...), but I'm really waiting for L4D2 - hopefully soon!

Comment

An interesting thing to notice is that CS:CZ was previously NOT available for OSX.
          This really shows how serious Valve is with bringing *all* their releases to Linux (compared with their OSX support).

Hoping for L4D2 and Dota2 next

Also, if anyone from Valve is out there *hint* *hint* *hint* cs:cz sale *hint* *hint* *hint*.

Comment

Originally posted by '[Knuckles
            Also, if anyone from Valve is out there *hint* *hint* *hint* cs:cz sale *hint* *hint* *hint*.
            There was already one, I think. A Linux sale where you could buy the stuff for 30% of the price or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              There was already one, I think. A Linux sale where you could buy the stuff for 30% of the price or something like that.
              25%-80% for about two weeks, till 27th of February.
              With 20 euros, I bought a dozen of kewl games

Comment

Can't whait for Portal 2/DOTA 2. Let's hope they release it quickly.

Comment

L4D2 was not supose to be the first valve title on linux?

I am waiting for it so long...

Comment

They aren't in a hurry yet, but Valve needs to bring their most recent games to Linux to make it more relevant.
                    DOTA 2, CS: GO, L4D2, Portal 2, and possibly a HL3. With that, and showing that the Linux gaming market share is growing, and fast, will make more publishers to invest money into Linux ports.

Awesome job, Valve!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X