Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.14 "Keemun Mao Feng" Released

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.14 "Keemun Mao Feng" Released

Version 1.14 of the widely-used X.Org Server was released on Wednesday morning. While this is a six-month update to the X.Org Server, this time around it isn't a hugely exciting update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

with your argument Windows is the best OS in the world. marketshare isn't everything.

Comment

XWayland

I think it really sucks that XWayland was not merged.

I am really looking forward to XWayland, without it you cant run any GTK2 or Qt4 applications.
      Also many GTK3 applications still do X calls, so you cant them without XWayland either.

Comment

i am holding my breath until xwayland gets smoothed over. after that its smooth sailing. I am sure canonical realizes that Mir would be a suicide for them, even if wayland was complete garbage. this is because people will start flocking to distros that over wayland or mir first. And because ubuntu will be behind others in dropping X, they would lose marketshare to other distros.

Comment

Working...
        X