Videos Of Unity Running On Mir Via X Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    Impressed already. They have xMir, and Android driver play in already going. I definitely can see them getting the required features done over the next 5 months.
    Are you being sarcastic?

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
      Are you being sarcastic?
      Of course he is....do you need to ask ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
        Why oh why some people mention valve, nvidia. WHY WOULD THEY CARE AND SUPPORT SOME ALPHA STAGE CRAP THAT IT'S NOT EVEN READY FOR USE? Damn, i usually don't post here with angry comments but i'm just sick of this retarded bullshit.

Umm because as it sits, Canonical is looking to use Mir on the desktop by April of next year. A bold statement I think they intend on fulfilling. Every big Linux player will keep eye out as Canonical pushes this "ALPHA STAGE CRAP" (as you call it) forward and tries to change the landscape of desktop Linux

Comment

Canonical still hasn't opened up the XMir code at lp:~rocket-scientists/xserver/xmir

Comment

Impressed already. They have xMir, and Android driver play in already going. I definitely can see them getting the required features done over the next 5 months.
            You could run a full rooted x server on Wayland since 2008.
            Oh, ok, so getting X.org running under Wayland was easier than expected. Or I guess, it was as easy as expected, which is usually never the...

And an experemental Weston port was running on droids last year
            Samsung Galaxy Nexus boots directly into Weston, and runs simple-touch demo.For more information, see: http://ppaalanen.blogspot.fi/2012/07/wayland-on-androi...

And here's some estimated costs of Weston alone, not taking account the actual design and development of the protocol and collaboration with toolkit developers and Mesa developers:

Comment

Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
              Umm because as it sits, Canonical is looking to use Mir on the desktop by April of next year. A bold statement I think they intend on fulfilling. Every big Linux player will keep eye out as Canonical pushes this "ALPHA STAGE CRAP" (as you call it) forward and tries to change the landscape of desktop Ubuntu
              Fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
                You could run a full rooted x server on Wayland since 2008.

And an experemental Weston port was running on droids last year
                Which will be FASTEST? Mir will probably be the faster engine with broader scope.

Comment

Which will be FASTEST? Mir will probably be the faster engine with broader scope.
                  And this is based on which technical grounds, exactly? Don't be afraid to be specific.

Comment

Originally posted by daniels View Post
                    And this is based on which technical grounds, exactly? Don't be afraid to be specific.
                    Their objective is less heavy than Wayland. They only need to deal with rudimentary management and to sideline x11 and Android drivers.

Obviously the proof will be in the pudding. As some Wayland programmers have said , they believe Canonical's projects are messy.

Comment

Huh? When did we start talking about cars? I thought we were talking about protocols and compositors...

Comment

Working...
                      X